LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 300 users in the forums

2021-2022 17 TIME WORLD CHAMPION Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by 4ML:
lol knew you'd move the goalpost. Idk how he influenced his son to get drafted - unlike you - I wasn't b***hing about why he was drafted in the 2nd rd after averaging 6pts and 4 rebs as a 5th senior at the age of 24. I didn't care then and I don't care now.

And fwiw - Bronny was a 5 star high school recruit who was projected to go in the middle of 1st round before his cardiac arrest last season and was projected to go in middle of 2nd round after his combine performance this year.

I also don't know how Mike Shanahan influence Gary Kubiak (his former assistant) to hire Kyle. I also don't know how Gary influenced Kyle into returning the favor by hiring Kubiak's son. I also don't know how Steve Kerr influenced Warriors to hire his son. I wasn't b***hing about that either.

So, I think you're the one grasping at straws - and idk why bc you don't even like the NBA. Maybe you hate LeBron or maybe it's something else. I've no idea - all kinds of weirdo haters these days.

lol comparing coaching to athletes

you have no idea how much knowledge Kyle S had when he first was hired

You're a Lebron sycophant

You're a running joke on the WZ

If you don't see all the nepotism around sports in general then you have no clue wtf you're talking about lol

You know the guy has lost the argument when he starts taking personal shots lol
Ooo I triggered something - but anyway - I guess you're someone who cares deeply about what strangers think of you. I frankly don't give a f**k.

I'm comparing nepotism to nepotism.

lol @ "you're a Lebron sycophant" yet you're here all in your feelings commenting about him.

I care what others think of me? lol

you're super defensive over all things Lebron.

this all started with a simple clear truth and you guys got feelings hurt
Ooo I triggered something - but anyway - I guess you're someone who cares deeply about what strangers think of you. I frankly don't give a f**k.

I'm comparing nepotism to nepotism.

lol @ "you're a Lebron sycophant" yet you're here all in your feelings commenting about him.

I care what others think of me? lol

you're super defensive over all things Lebron.

this all started with a simple clear truth and you guys got feelings hurt

Well, you think it's some sort of insult in being a "running joke on WZ" - so you must deeply care what others on here think about your comments.

I wasn't super defensive at all - if you don't want anyone to respond to your comments - you probably shouldn't post in here. And, I also responded with a simple clear truth - that nepotism has been in Sports for a long time and I never seen so many ppl clutching their pearls about it - all of a sudden - all bc they hate Lebron.
Well, you think it's some sort of insult in being a "running joke on WZ" - so you must deeply care what others on here think about your comments.

I wasn't super defensive at all - if you don't want anyone to respond to your comments - you probably shouldn't post in here. And, I also responded with a simple clear truth - that nepotism has been in Sports for a long time and I never seen so many ppl clutching their pearls about it - all of a sudden - all bc they hate Lebron.

No one has ever drafted a players son to re-sign their dad in modern sports

Ya, there's been thousands of instances when teams could've. This definitely isn't an extremely rare occurrence. Just shut up lol

Repeat that slowly and try to think why that is.

S…l…o…w…l…y…y…y
Would love to see Klay sign with the Lakers. Doubt it happens but what a pickup that'll be.
D'Lo and Jaxson Hayes opt into their deals.

D'Lo can now be traded this summer. Instead of star hunting - Lakers should target role players that fit this team and can be somewhat 2 way players.

We better trade DLo

And we need that 3rd star, this team isn't winning a ring by just adding a couple extra good role players. It was a miracle least year that Bron/AD didn't miss that much time and the results were still a first round exit.

I think D'Lo and Rui/Gabe and/or 2 first round picks may be moved this summer or at the deadline. I'll be all right with elite role players but wouldn't mind a 3rd star either. I just feel NBA has changed enough that 3 star model only works if you can have some depth too - and that's tough to do with new cap rules. Now, if you can get a 3rd star who is not making 35M a year - then I'm all in - but there aren't many of those in the league.

I'm not particularly excited about seeing AD and Bron on the Olympics team. Dudes should be resting. It is what it is. Hoping to see AR make that jump now that he will have a full summer to get better.
Rich Paul said James would be willing to work with the Lakers on signing a deal below the maximum three-year, $162 million he is eligible for to open up the full $12.9 million midlevel exception to sign an "impact player."

The type of player that James would be willing to make a financial sacrifice for would be an established veteran playmaker such as James Harden or Klay Thompson, or an established big man to play alongside Anthony Davis such as Jonas Valančiūnas, sources told ESPN.

If the Lakers are unable to entice a player of that ilk to come to L.A. for the MLE, James will seek the max, Paul told ESPN.

———————

Pelinka - you better fuking do something.
King Mooch and his cloned son, the mooch of them all Prince Bronny the Great Mooch needing a super teams to carry them? My goodness what a complete travesty to honesty and integrity.

Originally posted by MucketyMuck:
King Mooch and his cloned son, the mooch of them all Prince Bronny the Great Mooch needing a super teams to carry them? My goodness what a complete travesty to honesty and integrity.

Don't you have a Klan rally to attend?
Would love to see Klay sign with the Lakers. Doubt it happens but what a pickup that'll be.

Idk he looked pretty meh last season.
You honestly think Klay would turn down a 2 year deal for probably 40-50 million from the Warriors to sign a mid level exemption deal with the Lakers? Like you said, I seriously doubt that would happen.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
You honestly think Klay would turn down a 2 year deal for probably 40-50 million from the Warriors to sign a mid level exemption deal with the Lakers? Like you said, I seriously doubt that would happen.

Rumors suggested that he's looking at many teams including Dallas & Lakers. He will have to take a big pay-cut to come home as a FA. His dad is also a broadcaster with the Lakers.

But - Lakers can also do a sign&trade for him. Under the new cba rules - a mid level exception and sign & trade caps your team salary to the first apron. So, both options will be there for Lakers and Klay.

It won't be completely crazy to imagine that if Klay asks Warriors to do him a solid and trade him to Lakers for a pick and an expiring contract - they may comply. Warriors will likely say no but they're a class organization and I wouldn't be shocked if they choose to do him a favor to send him home.

Idk he looked pretty meh last season.

I think he'd be great fit playing with AD & Bron. He's no longer a number 2 but he'd be a perfect no 3. He also wouldn't have to be a movement shooter all the time. He could slowly transition into a spot up shooter.
Share 49ersWebzone