LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 268 users in the forums

2021-2022 17 TIME WORLD CHAMPION Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Ummm ok skip

It was never going to be an easy game. 4 day rest can't come at a better time. Wolves were hitting everything for 2 and half quarters. Lakers defense finally stepped up in the 4th and clamped down. They need to play that defense for at least 2-3 quarters.

But what an ugly ugly game. DLo and Reaves had pretty poor games. Lebron had couple of good defensive moments but was pretty bad on defense for 3 quarters. And Reaves and him can't play like this down the stretch.

If lakers play like this against Memphis - it will be a short series. Disappointing game from Lakers but glad they won it and now get much needed rest.

Started the season 2-10. It was a crazy season but still proud of this team regardless of what is the outcome against Grizzlies.
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:
Ummm ok skip

If they lose - he will say Lakers choked it away. If they win - well duh they were supposed to win. Don't fall for his bs.

Dude was good tonight. I've kind of hated on him this season - not really bc of him but mostlybc Ham plays him too much and in 3 guard lineups.
Originally posted by 4ML:
Ummm ok skip

If they lose - he will say Lakers choked it away. If they win - well duh they were supposed to win. Don't fall for his bs.

Hot take idiots getting paid to say what hot take idiots do. I think Memphis is a bad matchup for the Lakers. Young, athletic and Jaren Jackson is a guy that can keep AD in check.
[ Edited by TheSixthRing on Apr 11, 2023 at 11:53 PM ]
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Ummm ok skip

Hot take idiots getting paid to say what hot take idiots do. I think Memphis is a bad matchup for the Lakers. Young, athletic and Jaren Jackson is a guy that can keep AD in check.

Yup - and Ja is gonna kill the Lakers in pick&roll too. Definitely feel Memphis should have favorites. If I was betting - I'd bet on Memphis.

I do think Lakers have 2 advantages against Memphis. One - they don't have anyone who can guard Lebron.

Two - JJJ also gets into foul trouble quite consistently. AD had 30&22 and 28&19 last 2 times he played JJJ this season.

D'Lo can't disappear. He has been so so so good with Lakers so far but he was horrendous tonight.
Seeing a lot of - If ANT played well - Lakers would lose. Lol he had a bad game bc Vando had him locked up. Lakers shut him down 10 days earlier too in Minny.

Vando is one of the better perimeter defenders in the league. Lakers defense in 4th quarter was legitimately suffocating.

u right
[ Edited by MoistButtCheeks on Apr 12, 2023 at 5:37 AM ]
Seeing a lot of - If ANT played well - Lakers would lose. Lol he had a bad game bc Vando had him locked up. Lakers shut him down 10 days earlier too in Minny.

Vando is one of the better perimeter defenders in the league. Lakers defense in 4th quarter was legitimately suffocating.

Stop. He missed so many wide open shots. Tons. Ant didnt even need to play well. If he had a D+ game instead of an F, the Wolves win pretty easily.
Too close

• titan
  • Veteran
What a 4th qtr. Wolves were on fire for 3qtrs. There were some nice defensive plays the lakers had in those qtr that were called fouls. Let's get some rest and win this!!!
GO LAKERS!!!
  • titan
  • Veteran

Let's sweep'em
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

Stop. He missed so many wide open shots. Tons. Ant didnt even need to play well. If he had a D+ game instead of an F, the Wolves win pretty easily.

Then I've to say - you need to watch the game again. ANT had maybe 2-3 opens shots (only 1 completely wide open when the game was over in OT).

Every single ANT possession.

Also - ANT locked up DLo pretty good in that game. I can say the same - if D'Lo had an average game - Lakers win pretty easily. But, there was a reason why D'Lo had a bad game and that was ANT.
Breakdown of ANT 17 FGA and other miscues on offense

First Half:
1. Vando steal - TO
2. Contested 3 against lebron
3. Drive to paint - AD steal - knocked off ANT's legs - TO
4. Layup - made basket
5. Then bad pass - stolen by Lebron
6. Heavily contested 3 against Vando
7. First SEMI OPEN transition 3 - with Reaves closing with semi contest

Second Half:
8. Heavily contested 3 against Vando
9. Heavily contested 3 against Vando
10. Blocked shot by Lebron in transition at the rim
11. Drove to basket against Troy Brown - fully covered and help from Beasley - lost footing then ball
12. Heavily contested 3 against Lebron
13. First OPEN 3pt shot - with AD closing and jumping at him
14. Heavily contested mid-range shot against Rui
15. Traveled at the corner 3 - thought of taking a shot - changed mind when Dennis closed hard
16. Transition dunk
17. Second semi-open shot - contested by Rui
18. Attacked the paint - heavily contested layup that may have been blocked - led to shot clock violation
19. Attacked the paint - easy made layup
20. WIDE OPEN 3 with 1 second left in OT in 4pt game
Share 49ersWebzone