LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 196 users in the forums

2021-2022 17 TIME WORLD CHAMPION Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Seeing a lot of - If ANT played well - Lakers would lose. Lol he had a bad game bc Vando had him locked up. Lakers shut him down 10 days earlier too in Minny.

Vando is one of the better perimeter defenders in the league. Lakers defense in 4th quarter was legitimately suffocating.

Stop. He missed so many wide open shots. Tons. Ant didnt even need to play well. If he had a D+ game instead of an F, the Wolves win pretty easily.

Then I've to say - you need to watch the game again. ANT had maybe 2-3 opens shots (only 1 completely wide open when the game was over in OT).

Every single ANT possession.

Also - ANT locked up DLo pretty good in that game. I can say the same - if D'Lo had an average game - Lakers win pretty easily. But, there was a reason why D'Lo had a bad game and that was ANT.

I guess where you and I differ is when I say open, I mean space to operate. There were probably 5 or so shots in this clip that you sent that show Ant creating space to get his shot off and then the defender flying in to close out. Those are open shots to me. A late contest is not the same as a defender up in his face.

But yeah your point about D'Lo is valid.
Seeing a lot of - If ANT played well - Lakers would lose. Lol he had a bad game bc Vando had him locked up. Lakers shut him down 10 days earlier too in Minny.

Vando is one of the better perimeter defenders in the league. Lakers defense in 4th quarter was legitimately suffocating.

Stop. He missed so many wide open shots. Tons. Ant didnt even need to play well. If he had a D+ game instead of an F, the Wolves win pretty easily.

Then I've to say - you need to watch the game again. ANT had maybe 2-3 opens shots (only 1 completely wide open when the game was over in OT).

Every single ANT possession.

Also - ANT locked up DLo pretty good in that game. I can say the same - if D'Lo had an average game - Lakers win pretty easily. But, there was a reason why D'Lo had a bad game and that was ANT.

I guess where you and I differ is when I say open, I mean space to operate. There were probably 5 or so shots in this clip that you sent that show Ant creating space to get his shot off and then the defender flying in to close out. Those are open shots to me. A late contest is not the same as a defender up in his face.

But yeah your point about D'Lo is valid.

By NBA definition - those are not called Wide-open shots. He had 2 semi-open and 1 open shot and 1 wide open shot.

ANT (just like D'Lo) is a rhythm player - it's ALL the credit to Lakers for never letting him get rhythm from the get go. Same - credit to ANT for not letting D'Lo get any easy shots.

Regardless - it's not tons or many wide open shots.
[ Edited by 4ML on Apr 12, 2023 at 2:33 PM ]
For the Lakers shouldn't have traded for AD crowd:

Originally posted by titan:
What a 4th qtr. Wolves were on fire for 3qtrs. There were some nice defensive plays the lakers had in those qtr that were called fouls. Let's get some rest and win this!!!
GO LAKERS!!!

That 4th D was legitimately amazing. Probably their best quarter of defense all year long and they've had some really great quarters on that end. Lakers had the no 1 defense since the trade deadline and it showed up over the last 18-19 minutes of that game. I was laughing at some of the comments made that refs helping Lakers in that game when they literally cost them 4 pts by missing two obvious goal tending calls.

Originally posted by titan:
Let's sweep'em

I know you're joking but I'll be ecstatic if they somehow win this series. It's gonna be a really tough one. Travel is brutal and it'll be a physical defensive battle. Not looking forward to that 1st game at 12pm pacific. Lakers will have to win couple of ugly games to have a shot. Hoping D'Lo gets hot for a game or two. Need the split after first 2 games.

Not expecting lakers to win game 1 - in fact I think it'll be a blowout. Do think they will still get the split on Wednesday.
[ Edited by 4ML on Apr 16, 2023 at 2:15 AM ]
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

There seems to be more Lakers fans in Memphis than there were Warriors fans in Sacramento last night. Crazy.

When AD is engaged like this - he can't be stopped. Just straight domination in this first Q.
Was so wrong but couldn't be happier. What a fuking performance from the whole team. Can't play better than this.

ESPN half time show is simply pathetic on another hit job on AD. They should be ashamed of themselves.
That's how you finish

Ja's hand..do we think it is broken or ligaments?
Originally posted by susweel:
That's how you finish

lol @ the trade AD - Lebron crowd

Obviously a great behind the back pass from Austin but what a damn good skip pass from AD to Reaves off the double team.
Great way to finish that game. I'm glad they kept getting Rui the ball. In the past they've forgot about him when he gets hot and force Lebron over and over. This was good team ball that got them this game today.

And holy s**t Jah's hand. I don't know how it's not completely wrecked and requiring surgery.
Share 49ersWebzone