LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 229 users in the forums

2021-2022 17 TIME WORLD CHAMPION Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Perfect night. Lakers whooped dat trick and Kings - Warriors is going game 7. Lakers get much needed 3 full days off.

I think Lakers match up well against both Warriors and Kings bc they're just bigger. I'm not 100% sure who I rather face but if I've to pick - I rather face Kings only bc AD will have a bigger advantage against Sabonis than Looney + Green combo. But, it won't be any fun chasing Fox and Monk around for 6-7 games.

Though - not gonna lie - opportunity to beat the Warriors and watching Bron competing against them is more exciting. Also - Bron v. Curry one more time is something all nba fans deserve.
[ Edited by 4ML on Apr 29, 2023 at 12:36 AM ]
Well that was fun.
Ass has been whooped.
Hopefully the Kings can pull it off. I definitely like that matchup more especially since they aren't that good on defense + the experience factor.
Kings would have been a slightly better matchup but watching Lakers against Warriors is gonna be so very exciting. Warriors are obviously a legendary team and gonna be a really difficult out. But, Lakers should cherish this matchup and know that you need to go thru them in the West. Warriors should be favorites to win this series but I feel it's a toss up series.

Lakers have to be the more physical team and punish them in the paint - offensive and defensively. That's HAS to happen for them to have a chance in this series.

One of the obvious things is to not let Looney dominate the boards. Lakers need to get him in PnR and unlike against Sabonis - Looney can't just sit in the paint & give AD 18 footers all day. Another massive advantage of having Looney on the floor is - AD can just sit in the paint and establish a no fly zone there.

As good as Looney and Draymond are - neither is a threat to block shots either and attacking the paint ferociously is a must. Lakers are gonna lose the perimeter battle - but winning big in the paint is more than an equalizer.
One of the huge advantages for lakers should be at the FT line. Lakers are no 1 at not putting opponents at FT line. Warriors are dead last at getting to the FT line. Lakers are also No 1 at getting to the FT line.

There's gonna be a whining from them about FT discrepancy in this series but it should be in Lakers favor by a huge margin.
Originally posted by 4ML:
Kings would have been a slightly better matchup but watching Lakers against Warriors is gonna be so very exciting. Warriors are obviously a legendary team and gonna be a really difficult out. But, Lakers should cherish this matchup and know that you need to go thru them in the West. Warriors should be favorites to win this series but I feel it's a toss up series.

Lakers have to be the more physical team and punish them in the paint - offensive and defensively. That's HAS to happen for them to have a chance in this series.

One of the obvious things is to not let Looney dominate the boards. Lakers need to get him in PnR and unlike against Sabonis - Looney can't just sit in the paint & give AD 18 footers all day. Another massive advantage of having Looney on the floor is - AD can just sit in the paint and establish a no fly zone there.

As good as Looney and Draymond are - neither is a threat to block shots either and attacking the paint ferociously is a must. Lakers are gonna lose the perimeter battle - but winning big in the paint is more than an equalizer.

Should be a good series. Hopefully our size can be the difference maker here.
Originally posted by 4ML:
One of the huge advantages for lakers should be at the FT line. Lakers are no 1 at not putting opponents at FT line. Warriors are dead last at getting to the FT line. Lakers are also No 1 at getting to the FT line.

There's gonna be a whining from them about FT discrepancy in this series but it should be in Lakers favor by a huge margin.

Oh ya, they will be complaining a lot lol.
AD will be neutralized. Need him to not jack up to many long jumpers. Dlo n shroeder gotta pick up the slack n get 40 combined ppg.

If we can limit the ridiculous passing turnovers I think we get em in 6.
[ Edited by MoistButtCheeks on May 1, 2023 at 11:25 AM ]
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:
Let go Lakers let's go clap clap

Round 2

Series should be epic and one of the best 2nd rd matchups. It likely goes 7 but I got Lakers to win it. Feel Lakers are deeper and bigger but we shall see. Warriors have a massive advantage at coaching and roster continuity. Lakers lack of in game reps together will really be tested by Warriors offense. You can't make mistakes against them.

Hoping to steal game 1 as the Warriors played Sunday in a game 7 which can be physically and emotionally draining. Regardless - a split in first 2 games is a must if Lakers want to win this series.
Keep attacking the f**king paint
Whoa baby Kurtis Blow is proud somewhere
Draymond's technical leash is insane. NBA has enabled his unsportsmanlike like behavior for way too long.
Why does Rob Pelinka look almost exactly like Rob Lowe it's so weird
Share 49ersWebzone