LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 232 users in the forums

**2024-2025 Anaheim "The Kids Should be Somewhat Better this Year." Ducks Thread

Originally posted by DynastyChile:
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Its pretty clear when playing teams like Calgary and Edmonton that we don't even come close to the firepower up front. While decent, Rickell isn't special, same with Henrique Carrick and our young guys are too inconsistent. Drysdale and Lindholm got b***hed all night by Draisatl. We are a playoff team, but playing the best teams we aren't really that close. But, still better than past couple of years so not complaining.....yet.

Might want to flip Rakell at deadline

Lots of chatter about that rn.

It needs to happen

Great he's playing fantastic sell him high baby
Love Rick Rak, but I think its time also.
This verbeek guy is not f**king around
Go Team!
This verbeek guy is not f**king around

Nope.

ESPN gave the team an A grade:

Key additions: G Calle Clang, D Drew Helleson, F Zach Aston-Reese, F Dominik Simon, D Urho Vaakanainen, 2022 first-rounder, four second-rounders

Key subtractions: F Nicolas Deslauriers, D Hampus Lindholm, D Josh Manson, F Rickard Rakell

Our take: It's absolutely staggering to think about all of those trade deadlines where former GM Bob Murray dilly-dallied with his core players, hoping against hope that the Anaheim roster he built could contend and tethering valuable players to the franchise rather than moving them at the height of their value. You could hear the spurs jangling on new GM Pat Verbeek's boots as the new sheriff walked into town, declared that no pending free agent would leave without something coming back and landed a massive haul at his first NHL trade deadline.

Getting Helleson, a solid defenseman prospect, and a second-rounder from Colorado was a good return for Manson. The first-rounder and two second-rounders for Lindholm were good enough; if 23-year-old Vaakanainen amounts to anything on the Ducks' blue line, it'll be gravy. They had to retain some money on Rakell to get him to the Penguins but landing a second-rounder and a decent goalie prospect in Clang was a good return -- and hey, maybe they hang onto Simon or Aston-Reese. A third-round pick for a one-dimensional player like Deslauriers is incredible.

Verbeek might have been flirting with an A+ had the Evgenii Dadonov trade with the Golden Knights gone through, as the Ducks could have gotten a middle-six winger and a second-rounder for two injured players (John Moore and Ryan Kesler, whose career is done) in a Vegas salary dump. Alas, Dadonov had Anaheim on a no-trade list, and it's expected the deal could be canceled. Also, who has Anaheim on their no-trade list? Maybe he just prefers Walt Disney World?
Ya real solid moves. Now hopefully he can also draft well with all these picks.
I can understand if you're in buffalo or florida and don't want to come to Anaheim but Las Vegas? And moving 4 hours west is one of the teams on the no trade list? Must not like the weather.
I can understand if you're in buffalo or florida and don't want to come to Anaheim but Las Vegas? And moving 4 hours west is one of the teams on the no trade list? Must not like the weather.

Ya who knows why

Ya who knows why

Taxes
Missed the game due to, what else, hockey. Saw that we had to put the EBUG in.

arrow up for next season!

Yep, and he practices with Stars players in off season so they were super exited for him

Yep, and he practices with Stars players in off season so they were super exited for him

They celebrated him in the Ducks' locker room. Sprayed him with water. Good for him.

.667 save percentage. Still better than my son's last night. lol.
[ Edited by NineFourNiner on Apr 30, 2022 at 12:56 PM ]
Winning it all next year.

You heard it here first.

They celebrated him in the Ducks' locker room. Sprayed him with water. Good for hi.

.667 save percentage. Still better than my son's last night. lol.

I miss playing goalie

You heard it here first.
Lol.

We need defensive help. And new leadership in the locker room. McTavish should come up and our farm system is deep, but there are immediate needs. We've got the money...FINALLY.

You heard it here first.
Lol.

We need defensive help. And new leadership in the locker room. McTavish should come up and our farm system is deep, but there are immediate needs. We've got the money...FINALLY.

Looking forward to seeing McTavish. And I think Cam will do a good job as the C.

Does the NHL cap rollover like in the NFL? If so, I say give these kids another year and see if they can make a playoff push. If so, go all out the next season like we did when we got Scotty and Prongrer.

But hopefully we do go after a solid vet that can really produce, whether it's on offense or defense this year.
[ Edited by TheGore49er on Apr 30, 2022 at 1:57 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone