19. Golden State
20. Houston (from LA Clippers)
21. Brooklyn (from Phoenix)
22. Brooklyn
23. Portland (from New York)
24. Sacramento
25. Memphis
26. Indiana (from Cleveland)
27. Charlotte (from Denver via New York and Oklahoma City)
28. Utah (from Philadelphia via Brooklyn)
29. Indiana (from Boston)
30. LA Clippers (from Milwaukee via Houston)

Lots of good players in the draft. Top heavy as most years but this draft does seem to have really nice depth. Not sure there is a big drop off in talent from 8 thru 25.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Will be such a good fit next to LaMelo. Should be no.2 pick according to several mocks. Reminds me a little bit of Tracy McGrady.
[ Edited by 4ML on Jun 13, 2023 at 11:07 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

He was one of my favorite players in the draft. Apparently he is rising up the draft boards. He was initially supposed to go in 20s - but reading he could go as high at 10. One of the better 2 way wings in the draft.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Eager to see what the Magic do. Stick w/ 6 & 11 or trade up.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

The more I see him the more I'm convinced that he's by far the 2nd best player in the draft and has superstar potential. May not be the best fit next to Melo - that's why I think he drops to 3. If I was at 2 - I'm taking him regardless of fit but everyone is mocking Miller at 2. I'd take Scoot at 2 for sure.
His shooting form is questionable. Keep that shooting elbow in, 90 degrees, Scoot!
Originally posted by 49erKing:
His shooting form is questionable. Keep that shooting elbow in, 90 degrees, Scoot!

In terms of elbow positioning, not seeing his mechanics looking any different than great shooters right now.

Scoot shot 17% from 3 in the recent G league. I didn't even know this stat when I posted. Yes, his form during that one workout sequence looks almost like Lillard's. The others not so much. No idea if that's Lillard's form all the time. If so, yikes. Might explain why Lillard is ranked 204th all time in 3p accuracy. Repetition and natural born talent will take you to heights only a select few in this world can ascend but he does need to work on his jumper. Whether he tweaks his form or not is another story.
[ Edited by 49erKing on Jun 14, 2023 at 7:47 AM ]
If the kings keep their pick, Coulibaly is who I wanted, but I don't think there is any way he lasts until 24. Would love Murray as well

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erKing:
Scoot shot 17% from 3 in the recent G league. I didn't even know this stat when I posted. Yes, his form during that one workout sequence looks almost like Lillard's. The others not so much. No idea if that's Lillard's form all the time. If so, yikes. Might explain why Lillard is ranked 204th all time in 3p accuracy. Repetition and natural born talent will take you to heights only a select few in this world can ascend but he does need to work on his jumper. Whether he tweaks his form or not is another story.

Maybe I'm looking at the wrong place but I see 27.5% from 3. Regardless, I am not overly concerned by that...he also shot over 75% from FT - which looks promising and a good indication that his 3pt shot will come around. He was 18 last year - playing against players in early to mid 20s and some late 20s too. I think he's gonna be a star once he is consistent with his 3pt shot.

Athletically - he is at Ja Morant/Westbrook level. Has pretty good handles and plays with high IQ and is a good passer. I think consistency from 3 is the only missing piece and his jump shot is a LOT LOT LOT better looking than those guys I mentioned above. I really like him. I think he goes no.1 in last years draft and I was extremely high on Paolo, Jabari, and Ivey.

In short - I think Hornets will be dumb to pass on Scoot just to draft a player who may be a better fit with LaMelo. And, I think Miller is a damn good player but Scoot has star potential and you should always always always draft BPA in top 10 imho.
[ Edited by 4ML on Jun 15, 2023 at 11:58 AM ]
  • Garce
  • Veteran
shouldn't the title of this thread be The GOAT of GOATs King James' 2023 NBA Draft?
[ Edited by Garce on Jun 15, 2023 at 1:19 PM ]
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
If the kings keep their pick, Coulibaly is who I wanted, but I don't think there is any way he lasts until 24. Would love Murray as well

I have been thinking the bold
Originally posted by Garce:
shouldn't the title of this thread be The GOAT of GOATs King James' 2023 NBA Draft?

• 4ML
  • Veteran
https://nbadraftroom.com/p/2023-nba-mock-draft/

Really like the potential of Nick Smith Jr. Had injury issues and didn't have a great year but potential is thru the roof. Exactly the kind of player you take a risk on in the middle of the round 1. If he's there at 17 - hope Lakers grab him.

In the right environment - he has the potential to be an all star caliber player.
Share 49ersWebzone