Originally posted by JustinMT:
lol

Lakers FO is a joke

fire Reddick
Goddamn!!!!
Originally posted by 4ML:
Lakers FO is a joke

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

So this could take a nice media spin. Klay joins Kyrie instead of Lebron , who had mild at best fall off with Bron in Cleveland .

And Kyrie wins the recruiting battle with less money.
The Utah Jazz and Atlanta Hawks reportedly discussed a deal involving Trae Young amid ongoing trade buzz surrounding Lauri Markkanen.

Jake Fischer of Yahoo Sports reported the latest news on the Jazz.

"The Jazz are indeed welcoming calls on Markkanen, league sources told Yahoo Sports. Perhaps Utah will ultimately exact a similar offseason to that of Brooklyn, where the Nets once envisioned adding star-level talent alongside Mikal Bridges before determining their best course of action was to enter a rebuild — thanks to a massive haul from New York. The Jazz, as previously reported at Yahoo Sports, were looking into trading for Bridges, held conversations with Atlanta about both Dejounte Murray and Trae Young, sources said, and were working to assemble a group around Markkanen that could have possibly drawn George's eye."

—————

Makes complete sense. Exactly what I had mentioned earlier. Try to get Paul George interested in signing with Jazz by promising to add a star - Couldn't get that done - next step may be to go into full rebuild - trade Lauri if you can't pair him with another star or two.

The Utah Jazz and Atlanta Hawks reportedly discussed a deal involving Trae Young amid ongoing trade buzz surrounding Lauri Markkanen.

"The Jazz are indeed welcoming calls on Markkanen, league sources told Yahoo Sports. Perhaps Utah will ultimately exact a similar offseason to that of Brooklyn, where the Nets once envisioned adding star-level talent alongside Mikal Bridges before determining their best course of action was to enter a rebuild — thanks to a massive haul from New York. The Jazz, as previously reported at Yahoo Sports, were looking into trading for Bridges, held conversations with Atlanta about both Dejounte Murray and Trae Young, sources said, and were working to assemble a group around Markkanen that could have possibly drawn George's eye."

—————

Makes complete sense. Exactly what I had mentioned earlier. Try to get Paul George interested in signing with Jazz by promising to add a star - Couldn't get that done - next step may be to go into full rebuild - trade Lauri if you can't pair him with another star or two.

I don't think it was ever serious. Everything has pointed to the Jazz tanking outside of Laurie thus far. Things like keeping all three draft picks this year. I'm beginning to think Laurie is all but gone. Maybe not until the deadline but at some point.

You never know with Ainge though.

damn no one wants Westbrook at all
Originally posted by MucketyMuck:
lol

Lakers FO is a joke

It's not (text deleted) the FO....

Fixed.
Originally posted by MucketyMuck:

—————

I don't think it was ever serious. Everything has pointed to the Jazz tanking outside of Laurie thus far. Things like keeping all three draft picks this year. I'm beginning to think Laurie is all but gone. Maybe not until the deadline but at some point.

You never know with Ainge though.

Can't say it was serious or not...but with the new cap rules - it makes sense that Ainge tried to get Paul George interested in signing with Jazz by trying to acquire another star. The way to build the team is to get max players before you have to pay your own young players big money.

If I were Ainge - I'd trade Lauri this summer or over the next season after signing him to an extension - bc 2025 and 2026 draft class is loaded and if you can get several draft picks and tank properly to land high draft picks - you should do that. Other option is - trade for stars and go for it. No point winning 35-40 games a season.
Share 49ersWebzone