There are 200 users in the forums

***Official NBA 2024-25 Season Thread***

Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Go f**king home, Embiid. Worst player on the court tonight by a mile.

Tim Duncan, "FIBA Sucks!"
[ Edited by DickWedgie on Jul 11, 2024 at 3:15 PM ]

Brunson#2024!
Wow I knew Bronny was meh, but not this bad.

I dont have an issue with the Lakers "wasting" the 55th pick on Bronny. My issue is that he should have never been put in the situation he is in by his dad or Rich Paul. I dont think he will ever be any good, but he should have definitely A) stayed in college B) not been forced into the situation he is currently in and let his career play out naturally.

What is happening to the kid is completely unfair to him. I stand by my opinion that he will never be any good, but he would certainly have a better chance to be with better surrounding circumstances and less pressure.
I dont have an issue with the Lakers "wasting" the 55th pick on Bronny. My issue is that he should have never been put in the situation he is in by his dad or Rich Paul. I dont think he will ever be any good, but he should have definitely A) stayed in college B) not been forced into the situation he is currently in and let his career play out naturally.

What is happening to the kid is completely unfair to him. I stand by my opinion that he will never be any good, but he would certainly have a better chance to be with better surrounding circumstances and less pressure.

Yup. Im obviously not a fan of Lebron but Bronny should be in school and getting better playing with guys more his skill level. Lebron unintentionally and probably trying to just stick up for his son created a good chunk of this mess. Him saying things like he is already is better than NBA talent did nothing but put a huge target on Bronnys back.

I disagree that he will never be good though. I do think he can potentially make a career out of being a solid utility type guy but that's maybe 6+ years away.
Good riddance

LeBron is French. They cheatin!

I pretty much agree with all of this. I won't say he will never be good enough to play a few minutes a game - he may get there in 2-3 years. I can see him become someone like GP2. It's is more likely he doesn't do anything and doesn't become anything.

But at the same time - a few summer league games don't say anything about anyone. Ppl who are reacting to those are hilarious and clueless.
[ Edited by 4ML on Jul 17, 2024 at 7:34 PM ]
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
Originally posted by 49erKing:
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
Originally posted by 49erKing:
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
Celtics have lost 2 since their last title, 2010 and 2022

Dam we are going back that far even if the coach/gm/players are entirely different eh? Anyway, if any NBA team right now mirrors the 49ers, it is the Heat more than the Celtics

Of course we're going back that far, and even further, that's the only way the Celtics/49ers comparison makes any sense.

Don't let your hate interfere with your thinking. With that said, by your logic, I am going with the Heat as a more appropriate comparison. They've lost three straight NBA Finals, not two.

No hate at all from me and nothing in my posts comes close to suggesting as much. Nothing but love. I may not like the Celtics, but I do respect their achievements.

But to your other point, ... Except that the Heat never attained a level of success remotely close to the Celtics in their entire franchise history, ever. Not even when LeBron took his talents to South Beach. So you did not use my logic, you used your own. Again, no hate what-so-ever, just cold unemotional analysis.

If there is an NFL equivalent it could be considered the 80's and 90's 49ers. 49ers undefeated in 5 Super Bowls during that era, now on a 3 SB losing streak.

50's/60's Celtics won 8 titles in a row and 11 out of 13 with one loss in the Finals during that time. Now they are on a 2 Finals' losing streak.

If one wants to argue that's not a perfect comparison, of course it isn't, the NFL and the NBA are completely different animals. But it still works.

Two great franchises in their respective sports had incredible perfect or near perfect sustained runs in their past and now are finding it difficult to get to the top again when they get so close.

That said, I think the Celtics are closer to getting to the top or over it in their sport than our 49ers, and not because their season is ongoing and the 49ers' just ended.

Well I just wanted to let you both know that your Celtics-49ers comparison has been completely thrown out the window
Originally posted by 4ML:

I pretty much agree with all of this. I won't say he will never be good enough to play a few minutes a game - he may get there in 2-3 years. I can see him become someone like GP2. It's is more likely he doesn't do anything and doesn't become anything.

But at the same time - a few summer league games don't say anything about anyone. Ppl who are reacting to those are hilarious and clueless.

His summer league games say he should be on a G League team . That is many people's current reaction
[ Edited by blizzuntz on Jul 18, 2024 at 11:28 AM ]

looked like Bronny there
Share 49ersWebzone