There are 218 users in the forums

***Official NBA 2024-25 Season Thread***

Blows my mind that this guy is going to be a Hall of Famer. Just a joke.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

Go pay the fantasy fee
[ Edited by GoreGoreGore on Aug 6, 2024 at 4:03 PM ]
France cruised without Gobert and a sub-par performance from Wemby. I thought the world was catching up with the US. Don't want to jinx them ahead of their rematch with Serbia but I don't see how even the next 12 best USA players would not win Gold if they were tasked to do so. This suggested list doesn't even include Kawhi, Zion, and PG, as these three are unreliable when it comes to health.

Jalen Brunson
Donovan Mitchell
Jaylen Brown
Paolo Banchero
Jaren Jackson

Tyrese Maxey
Damian Lillard
Jimmy Butler
Aaron Gordon
Jarret Allen

And then two of the following five:

Draymond Green
Kyrie Irving
Trae Young
KAT
De'Aaron Fox
Originally posted by 49erKing:
France cruised without Gobert and a sub-par performance from Wemby. I thought the world was catching up with the US. Don't want to jinx them ahead of their rematch with Serbia but I don't see how even the next 12 best USA players would not win Gold if they were tasked to do so. This suggested list doesn't even include Kawhi, Zion, and PG, as these three are unreliable when it comes to health.

Jalen Brunson
Donovan Mitchell
Jaylen Brown
Paolo Banchero
Jaren Jackson

Tyrese Maxey
Damian Lillard
Jimmy Butler
Aaron Gordon
Jarret Allen

Draymond Green
Kyrie Irving
Trae Young
KAT
De'Aaron Fox

I mean this roster has the best of the best on them. Ya other international teams have gotten better, but when we send this kind of talent it's not fair.

Jalen Brunson
Donovan Mitchell
Jaylen Brown
Paolo Banchero
Jaren Jackson

Tyrese Maxey
Damian Lillard
Jimmy Butler
Aaron Gordon
Jarret Allen

Draymond Green
Kyrie Irving
Trae Young
KAT
De'Aaron Fox

I think Steve Kerr has done an amazing job with the team and to find the right lineup. Players have to buy in to play a role and that can be tough sometimes when you're the star.

Jaren Jackson was a massive failure on last years team. Look at what Jamal Murray is doing for Canada. Complete no- show.

Talent is not the issue.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

Maybe look at the numbers he's put up in his career and realize it's not so funny. Numbers wise he's a top 20 all-time center, maybe even top 10. His win shares topple Ewing. Eye test? He's not top 10. Maybe in that 20-30 range. Still, he holds the #1 true shooting percentage in league history. He's certainly limited offensively, but at least he's smart and sticks to knows what he can do. Defensively you can't argue not he's a top 5 center all-time. His stats bear out his candidacy, even if the eye test doesn't, and on that latter part I tend to agree. But give the man his due.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/goberru01.html
[ Edited by TheSixthRing on Aug 7, 2024 at 12:08 AM ]
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Maybe look at the numbers he's put up in his career and realize it's not so funny. Numbers wise he's a top 20 all-time center, maybe even top 10. His win shares topple Ewing. Eye test? He's not top 10. Maybe in that 20-30 range. Still, he holds the #1 true shooting percentage in league history. He's certainly limited offensively, but at least he's smart and sticks to knows what he can do. Defensively you can't argue not he's a top 5 center all-time. His stats bear out his candidacy, even if the eye test doesn't, and on that latter part I tend to agree. But give the man his due.

I can't stand Gobert but for me - he more than passes the eye test for one of the best defender in the game. Seems too many players scared of shooting close to him bc they're scared he'll block the shots or make them miss it. That is what the best defensive possession really is - something's stats have tough time capturing.

If you make your guy pass the ball instead of shooting, especially in the paint - that's the best defense you can play.
Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:

I can't stand Gobert but for me - he more than passes the eye test for one of the best defender in the game. Seems too many players scared of shooting close to him bc they're scared he'll block the shots or make them miss it. That is what the best defensive possession really is - something's stats have tough time capturing.

If you make your guy pass the ball instead of shooting, especially in the paint - that's the best defense you can play.

I just cant get behind the idea that a guy who is regularly put on the bench in crunch time is a Hall of Famer. I get the stats show his value. I actually think most of the time I watch him the eye test shows it as well. But there are far too many times where he is unplayable and has to be taken out. The Olympics are just the latest example.

Jalen Brunson
Donovan Mitchell
Jaylen Brown
Paolo Banchero
Jaren Jackson

Tyrese Maxey
Damian Lillard
Jimmy Butler
Aaron Gordon
Jarret Allen

Draymond Green
Kyrie Irving
Trae Young
KAT
De'Aaron Fox

I think Steve Kerr has done an amazing job with the team and to find the right lineup. Players have to buy in to play a role and that can be tough sometimes when you're the star.

Jaren Jackson was a massive failure on last years team. Look at what Jamal Murray is doing for Canada. Complete no- show.

Talent is not the issue.

I agree . As a Lebron critic , Kerr has found a good balance for Lebron getting efficient minutes and blowing teams out .

Lebron (the leader ) , Kerr , and the team are looking super strong .

Bron deserves MVP thus far .

Originally posted by blizzuntz:

Jalen Brunson
Donovan Mitchell
Jaylen Brown
Paolo Banchero
Jaren Jackson

Tyrese Maxey
Damian Lillard
Jimmy Butler
Aaron Gordon
Jarret Allen

Draymond Green
Kyrie Irving
Trae Young
KAT
De'Aaron Fox

Talent is not the issue.

I agree . As a Lebron critic , Kerr has found a good balance for Lebron getting efficient minutes and blowing teams out .

Lebron (the leader ) , Kerr , and the team are looking super strong .

Bron deserves MVP thus far .

Who are you?
[ Edited by GoreGoreGore on Aug 7, 2024 at 9:08 PM ]
Curry!
Chef Curry MFers!!!
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Curry!

This.
lol

Share 49ersWebzone