LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 232 users in the forums

***Official NBA 2024-25 Season Thread***

Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Paul so dirty smh

[blocked URL]

Him and Green gonna help the Warriors win the chip by injuring half the league together.
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Paul so dirty smh

[blocked URL]

Him and Green gonna help the Warriors win the chip by injuring half the league together.

Only way they have a chance
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp

lol
Originally posted by DRnSFw:

lol

Maybe Draymond wasn't in the wrong after all
Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
My god your basketball takes are laughably bad

Coming from you - I take that as a huge compliment.

Sorry, but Your weird infatuation with todays nba (same thing as Lebron infatuation)clearly clouds your judgment. The constant need to try and disparage past players reflects that, .

Sorry, but Your weird infatuation with todays nba (same thing as Lebron infatuation)clearly clouds your judgment. The constant need to try and disparage past players reflects that, .

In 4ML's defense, LeBron is a top 5 all-time player, at minimum, and today's players certainly have skill. Charles Oakley in today's game would probably compare mostly to Draymond, without the playmaking ability on offense. But that's the question, isn't it? The one that can be never answered. How would today's players fare with those 80's/90's rules, and players of yesterday fare in today's game? Certain players would transcend eras. Your Jordans, KDs, LeBrons, Magics, Birds, Shaqs, Etc.

In 4ML's defense, LeBron is a top 5 all-time player, at minimum, and today's players certainly have skill. Charles Oakley in today's game would probably compare mostly to Draymond, without the playmaking ability on offense. But that's the question, isn't it? The one that can be never answered. How would today's players fare with those 80's/90's rules, and players of yesterday fare in today's game? Certain players would transcend eras. Your Jordans, KDs, LeBrons, Magics, Birds, Shaqs, Etc.

agreed.

agreed.

And then obviously competition gets ramped up as more money and more international players gets involved, health and training has improved, along with medical procedures that maybe players of yesteryear would have killed their career with an injury now get back on the court within a year... the downside of today is maybe today's players get distracted with social media and high-tech video games, and rules over the past 20 years have certainly benefited offense over defense... all eras have their advantages and disadvantages. I say just enjoy the game and don't get wrapped up in GOATS and such.
[ Edited by TheSixthRing on Nov 13, 2023 at 9:29 PM ]

this guy

Sorry but this is something you've made up in your head and is just not true. I've merely responded to the quote from a coach saying that one contact from Oakley would send Wemby flying back to Paris. Shaq recently said we have seen Wemby like player before and that's Bol Bol. 😂

I grew up watching 90s basketball too - but I'm not gonna let nostalgia cloud my judgement. In another 25 years - players will be better than current players if the game continues to grow and expand. Thats how every sport and every field evolves. It is not disparaging to say that at all. It's a fact.

More kids in the World are playing basketball now than ever before. That in itself results in more competition - better players and coaches who bring newer ideas to the game. Better super athletes with higher basketball IQ and more competitive players.

This actually happened today - IT asked during the half time show - he doesn't understand why teams play drop coverage…and I love Zeke but lol - but what? Even if that strategy was never used when he played - how can he not understand while watching the game today?

Thing is - the game is ALSO on another level mentally. There is a lot more variety and ways an offense attacks than ever before. Players who played back then can't even comprehend what they're watching. You can't park your ass in the paint and just whack guys and call it good defense. That s**t worked when guys couldn't shoot or dribble etc etc etc. You can't just make a mean mug and fool ppl into thinking you're tough or super competitive.

And - it's not disparaging to state the obvious. Those players were amazing when they played - just like dial-up internet was amazing in the 90s and so was AIM. I loved them. Respect to the dial-up for paving the way but we don't need to get all butt hurt if someone says 500 Megabits per second is way better.

Sorry but this is something you've made up in your head and is just not true. I've merely responded to the quote from a coach saying that one contact from Oakley would send Wemby flying back to Paris. Shaq recently said we have seen Wemby like player before and that's Bol Bol. 😂

I grew up watching 90s basketball too - but I'm not gonna let nostalgia cloud my judgement. In another 25 years - players will be better than current players if the game continues to grow and expand. Thats how every sport and every field evolves. It is not disparaging to say that at all. It's a fact.

You responded saying that Oakley would have never made it in the league and been overseas. Sorry, I just think that is massively downplaying just good those guys were, i can acknowledge guys today are great and physically gifted and still acknowledge that guys back then were great too, and could even think they are better. That has nothing to do with being clouded by nostalgia. It's a middle age man having watching nba basketball at various points in my life. I just think anyone who goes out of their way to downplay Michael Jordan, is showing extreme bias. Just my .02
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Nov 14, 2023 at 9:22 AM ]

this guy

Why is he out of breath at a press conference?
Originally posted by 49erKing:

this guy

He is truly the most baffling talent in the league. Low IQ and a poor work ethic, it's so disappointing.
Originally posted by JustinMT:
Originally posted by 49erKing:

this guy

He is truly the most baffling talent in the league. Low IQ and a poor work ethic, it's so disappointing.

That's what happens when you buy into your own hype so much.
Share 49ersWebzone