LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 209 users in the forums

***Official NBA 2024-25 Season Thread***

Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
For the record, most Warrior fans believe Draymond was way out of line and what he did was totally unnecessary. But at the same time, he saw a guy he has always hated with his arm around Klay's neck and reacted. I am not condoning Dray's behavior, but understand why he reacted. His reaction was just way out of line.

Whether Rudy was trying to deescalate the situation or instigate it (I believe the former), the manner in which he did it was wrong. That is why you see so many former players coming out and saying "you dont touch the opponent. You grab your guy, not theirs." I do believe that Rudy was not being malicious, but his intent is irrelevant. Its like a child breaks a window at his family's house and says to his dad "I didnt mean to." Well guess what? You still did it.

I completely agree there - ideally he should have pulled Jaden away instead of Klay. No argument there.

But the whole - Draymond got his teammates back stuff is hilarious. It's been barely over a year when he punched the f**k outta Poole.
[ Edited by 4ML on Nov 16, 2023 at 11:58 AM ]
Originally posted by 4ML:
I completely agree there - ideally he should have pulled Jaden away instead of Klay. No argument there.

But the whole - Draymond got his teammates back stuff is hilarious. It's been barely over a year when he punched the f**k outta Poole.

I'm not defending Draymond but watching most of the games last year I wanted to punch Poole too.
For the record, most Warrior fans believe Draymond was way out of line and what he did was totally unnecessary. But at the same time, he saw a guy he has always hated with his arm around Klay's neck and reacted. I am not condoning Dray's behavior, but understand why he reacted. His reaction was just way out of line.

Whether Rudy was trying to deescalate the situation or instigate it (I believe the former), the manner in which he did it was wrong. That is why you see so many former players coming out and saying "you dont touch the opponent. You grab your guy, not theirs." I do believe that Rudy was not being malicious, but his intent is irrelevant. Its like a child breaks a window at his family's house and says to his dad "I didnt mean to." Well guess what? You still did it.

Again, I am not condoning what Draymond did to Poole. Completely out of line and unacceptable from every possible angle.

But I dont think this is a fair comp. I am not sure if you have a little brother or not, but I do. When we were growing up, we got into fights at times, which ended up with me punching him a couple of times (this is when we were kids mind you). But if someone else punched my brother, you bet your ass I would have jumped in on his behalf. I had my brother's back 100%. Doesnt matter what I did to him.

Again, I am not condoning what Draymond did to Poole. Completely out of line and unacceptable from every possible angle.

But I dont think this is a fair comp. I am not sure if you have a little brother or not, but I do. When we were growing up, we got into fights at times, which ended up with me punching him a couple of times (this is when we were kids mind you). But if someone else punched my brother, you bet your ass I would have jumped in on his behalf. I had my brother's back 100%. Doesnt matter what I did to him.

Oh I agree with you - but him punching Poole was hilarious. I'm just saying - it reminds me of that every time someone says he's got his teammates back.

And - You may punch your brother when you're kids. It's a big no-no after a certain age. You may never fully recover that relationship.
Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:

I'm not defending Draymond but watching most of the games last year I wanted to punch Poole too.

That too. Seems like - Poole changed after that big contract. Happens to a lot of ppl.
Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:

Ya I'll give Draymond a pass on that one, I'm surprised more teammates didn't punch him.
Say what you want about Charles Oakley but he would never have let a 6'1" guard body him like that.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Say what you want about Charles Oakley but he would never have let a 6'1" guard body him like that.

Chet is skin and bones. This doesn't even surprise me.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
play the damn song

• jrg
  • Veteran

Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Chet is skin and bones. This doesn't even surprise me.

I bet they weigh the same or no more than a 10 lb difference. No way CP is still his listed draft weight of 175. Besides, Chet dropped 37 on the broken warriors.
Originally posted by valrod33:

Da fuq
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Magic out here blowing teams out
Pacers Hawks was a crazy crazy game
Share 49ersWebzone