LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 240 users in the forums

***Official NBA 2024-25 Season Thread***

• jrg
  • Veteran

Hope he stays healthy. Want him to get to top 3 in 4-5 years.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
NBA In Season Tournament has been great so far. Players are into it - crowd is into it. They need to expand it next season. Instead of 4 games - do 8 games and then go to knockouts. Play the knockouts in January.
[ Edited by 4ML on Dec 4, 2023 at 9:43 PM ]

and then Austin hit the dagger 3 n

AR making 12m this year and next
[ Edited by 4ML on Dec 5, 2023 at 10:00 PM ]
So awesome watching the refs grant the Lakers a timeout while the Suns were gathering the loose ball to lay it up for the tie. Cool IST the NBA has going on here...
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
So awesome watching the refs grant the Lakers a timeout while the Suns were gathering the loose ball to lay it up for the tie. Cool IST the NBA has going on here...

I thought AR was fouled and according to refs - they confirmed postgame after watching replay he had possession of the ball when Lebron called timeout. NBA also confirmed it today in their last 2 min report.

Originally posted by 4ML:

I thought AR was fouled and according to refs - they confirmed postgame after watching replay he had possession of the ball when Lebron called timeout. NBA also confirmed it today in their last 2 min report.

According to that same report, Booker did not foul Reaves. That said, from the official NBA rulebook:
For a charged timeout, the timer shall start the Time-out Clock immediately after an official signals for a timeout and play will not resume until the Time-out Clock has expired.

As in, play doesn't stop until the ref blows the whistle to signal for the timeout to the time keeper, not when at the very millisecond a player calls or signals for a TO.

Watch the play again. The ref doesn't signal or blow his whistle for a TO before the ball is already loose. We both know blown foul calls happen more often than not. It's called "let the players play". This TO business though, is on another level. At least my team won't be mocked though, should they win this "season paper champs" cup only to lose in or not even make the playoffs. I think the team that wins this will get all that heat on social media if they don't go on to win the 'ship.

Official report can say all they want, but the official rules handbook says differently. NBA is just covering their ass with this report because they don't want to put a black eye on their initial IST stupid thing.
[ Edited by TheSixthRing on Dec 6, 2023 at 9:53 PM ]
Originally posted by 4ML:

According to that same report, Booker did not foul Reaves. That said, from the official NBA rulebook:
For a charged timeout, the timer shall start the Time-out Clock immediately after an official signals for a timeout and play will not resume until the Time-out Clock has expired.

As in, play doesn't stop until the ref blows the whistle to signal for the timeout to the time keeper, not when at the very millisecond a player calls or signals for a TO.

Watch the play again. The ref doesn't signal or blow his whistle for a TO before the ball is already loose. We both know blown foul calls happen more often than not. It's called "let the players play". This TO business though, is on another level. At least my team won't be mocked though, should they win this "season paper champs" cup only to lose in or not even make the playoffs. I think the team that wins this will get all that heat on social media if they don't go on to win the 'ship.

Official report can say all they want, but the official rules handbook says differently. NBA is just covering their ass with this report because they don't want to put a black eye on their initial IST stupid thing.

Looks like a clear foul on Booker imo and can't really tell when the ref blew the whistle from a still picture.

Also, ref is gonna decide whether AR had possession or not at the time TO is verbally or visually called (whichever he sees/hear first). Not after he makes a gesture for it to the time-keeper.

I think the rule you're referring to is for timeout clock (for full timeout and 20second timeout).
[ Edited by 4ML on Dec 6, 2023 at 11:56 PM ]
Which is why I said watch to it. The ball is at the center of the court before the ref even begins to make a physical signal for a TO, and the whistle comes later. You can say that's a foul on Booker, but that's not what the official report says, so yeah. NBA covering their own ass.
Which is why I said watch to it. The ball is at the center of the court before the ref even begins to make a physical signal for a TO, and the whistle comes later. You can say that's a foul on Booker, but that's not what the official report says, so yeah. NBA covering their own ass.

Went thru the NBA time-out rule:

A request for a timeout by a player in the game or the head coach shall be granted only when the ball is dead or in control of a player on the team making the request. A request at any other time shall be ignored.

—————

As I guessed - the rule you're referring to is to do with making sure teams are not taking too long to come back to the court after the TO is granted.

It is no diff than if a player is falling out of bounds and requests timeout then he steps out of bounds before ref is able to give a TO gesture. Ref is gonna grant the timeout and not call out bounds regardless of when the ref made the gesture or whistled.

Ref is gonna have his eyes on the play and when he hears or sees a TO being requested - in his mind what's happening at that moment is what the call will be. Not after he makes the gesture or blow his whistle.
[ Edited by 4ML on Dec 7, 2023 at 2:35 PM ]
Haliburton is turning into a superstar.
Share 49ersWebzone