LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 236 users in the forums

***Official NBA 2024-25 Season Thread***

Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
It was a fair deal when it happened. A certified 2-time all-star forward/center, which the Kings lacked big-time, for a budding point with potential, when you have an all-star potential point in Fox already. To look back now and say "haha, Kings got screwed" is nothing but silly 20/20 nonsense. It'd be like laughing at all the NFL teams for passing on Brock Purdy for 7 rounds.

If it's any consolation, I'm still pissed the Suns passed on Hali for "Sticks", knowing CP3 was aging and would be a great potential replacement.

It's not like the draft at all where you barely spend any time with the players before you draft them.

I actually thought the deal was ok too at the time but also remember saying this will look really bad if Haliburton turned into an all-star player. Kings FO that spent every day for 8 months with him should have known what he could be.

Btw…credit to SteveWallaceHelmet - who was the only one on the board who thought it was a really terrible trade for the Kings at the time iirc. He was absolutely right. Do I think Kings got screwed in the trade - no bc it looked like an ok deal at that time - but do I think it turned out to be a really bad decision that capped their ceiling? Abso-fuking-lutely. GMs get paid millions of dollars to make decisions that look good with hindsight.

Regardless - the whole point was to shed light on what Haliburton is doing this year. I actually posted about him yesterday lol. He has made that trade look one-sided even though he was traded for a pretty good player.
[ Edited by 4ML on Dec 8, 2023 at 11:32 PM ]
Originally posted by 4ML:
It was a fair deal when it happened. A certified 2-time all-star forward/center, which the Kings lacked big-time, for a budding point with potential, when you have an all-star potential point in Fox already. To look back now and say "haha, Kings got screwed" is nothing but silly 20/20 nonsense. It'd be like laughing at all the NFL teams for passing on Brock Purdy for 7 rounds.

If it's any consolation, I'm still pissed the Suns passed on Hali for "Sticks", knowing CP3 was aging and would be a great potential replacement.

It's not like the draft at all where you barely spend any time with the players before you draft them.

I actually thought the deal was ok too at the time but also remember saying this will look really bad if Haliburton turned into an all-star player. Kings FO that spent every day for 8 months with him should have known what he could be.

Btw…credit to SteveWallaceHelmet - who was the only one on the board who thought it was a really terrible trade for the Kings at the time iirc. He was absolutely right. Do I think Kings got screwed in the trade - no bc it looked like an ok deal at that time - but do I think it turned out to be a really bad decision that capped their ceiling? Abso-fuking-lutely. GMs get paid millions of dollars to make decisions that look good with hindsight.

Regardless - the whole point was to shed light on what Haliburton is doing this year. I actually posted about him yesterday lol. He has made that trade look one-sided even though he was traded for a pretty good player.

And two months from now it could look like a genius move if Hali busts up his knee or gets addicted to crack because there's nothing else better to do in Indiana. Shawn Kemp, I seen it! We don't know. Gilbert Arenas was like hot for three or five years but it never panned out to anything significant. s**t happens in this league. All I know is that the Kings had two too many PGs and zero decent PF/C's. They made a rational decision at the time, trading for a certified all-star big man for one of their two promising guards. All three players had/have all-star caliber written on them, but Sabonis was the only one at the time that was a certified 2x All-Star.

If the Kings don't make that move, who is their main cog in their front court? No one of Damontas's caliber, I can say that.
[ Edited by TheSixthRing on Dec 9, 2023 at 3:54 AM ]
And two months from now it could look like a genius move if Hali busts up his knee or gets addicted to crack because there's nothing else better to do in Indiana. Shawn Kemp, I seen it! We don't know. Gilbert Arenas was like hot for three or five years but it never panned out to anything significant. s**t happens in this league. All I know is that the Kings had two too many PGs and zero decent PF/C's. They made a rational decision at the time, trading for a certified all-star big man for one of their two promising guards. All three players had/have all-star caliber written on them, but Sabonis was the only one at the time that was a certified 2x All-Star.

If the Kings don't make that move, who is their main cog in their front court? No one of Damontas's caliber, I can say that.

Well that escalated quickly. 😳

Why don't you focus on critiquing the lakers l, or whatever team Lebron is on, and all the things they are doing to fail him
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Dec 9, 2023 at 11:05 AM ]
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Why don't you focus on critiquing the lakers l, or whatever team Lebron is on, and all the things they are doing to fail him

Why are you obsessed with him all the time lol. He can't have an opinion on nothing else than Bron?
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Why are you obsessed with him all the time lol. He can't have an opinion on nothing else than Bron?

That's what every one of his opinions centers around..,.so yeah it's relevant and this all stemmed from me saying something negative about the bubble . Relax Claude
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Dec 9, 2023 at 3:20 PM ]

Yea - Haliburton gets hurt or gets addicted to crack - I'll probably say - looking back - Kings got lucky. Opinion should change with new information. Btw at the time of the trade - many pundits said this was not a good deal and only changed their opinion after how well Kings played last year (which made perfect sense).

I'll always take talent over fit - especially when you don't have that much talent to begin with. Maybe they could have traded for Porzingis - hard to say - but I'd have liked to at least see that backcourt play together for couple years.
lol clueless
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

Dude needs mental help lol he just imagines s**t in his head and keeps regurgitating.

• jrg
  • Veteran
play the f**kING song
  • jrg
  • Veteran
That is not the song.

[ Edited by jrg on Dec 11, 2023 at 8:53 PM ]
The Virginia Wizards and Capitals is gonna be weird to see.
Share 49ersWebzone