LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 212 users in the forums

***Official NBA 2024-25 Season Thread***

Curry hasn't been the face for several years now. Lebron and Curry are still top guys for the league, but they aren't the clear cut guys anymore.

Idk if there is one right now. Giannis was looking like that guy but that hype has slowed down a bit.

Lebron was the guy for a while, then Curry for a bit, now the league is kinda in limbo.

Imo, Wemby will be that in a couple of years.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by 4ML:

Maybe the Greatest All-Star team.

Are you 12 years old?

Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Curry hasn't been the face for several years now. Lebron and Curry are still top guys for the league, but they aren't the clear cut guys anymore.

Idk if there is one right now. Giannis was looking like that guy but that hype has slowed down a bit.

Lebron was the guy for a while, then Curry for a bit, now the league is kinda in limbo.

I'm still confused about - "no wonder the sport suck" lol

How does Curry (an all time great who is clearly moving up in the top 10 list) being the face of the league make the sport suck? What is the correlation?

What a f**king weird thing to say.

The All Star game was brutal to watch .

How does Curry (an all time great who is clearly moving up in the top 10 list) being the face of the league make the sport suck? What is the correlation?

Wasnt it? Maybe Sun was drunk because that would be about the only reason I can think of to say something that dumb. We can all agree or disagree on who the face of the NBA is right now. I think Steph and Lebron are still the top 2 but I can see some people thinking Luka, Giannis, Tatum, Jokic, or Embiid. All amazing players no doubt.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Wasnt it? Maybe Sun was drunk because that would be about the only reason I can think of to say something that dumb. We can all agree or disagree on who the face of the NBA is right now. I think Steph and Lebron are still the top 2 but I can see some people thinking Luka, Giannis, Tatum, Jokic, or Embiid. All amazing players no doubt.

Bron and Steph are definitely the top 2 . Whoever is 3rd is currently pretty distant IMO .
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

Bron and Steph are definitely the top 2 . Whoever is 3rd is currently pretty distant IMO .

I think it's hard to sell them as the face since they really aren't winning anymore. Face of the NBA is usually someone dominating and getting at least deep playoff runs. It's just always been that way. Bird/Magic, MJ, Kobe/Shaq, Lebron, the Curry. Who's that guy? Giannis would be the closest one, but being in MLK doesn't help either. And his hype has slowed down a bit.

I think it's hard to sell them as the face since they really aren't winning anymore. Face of the NBA is usually someone dominating and getting at least deep playoff runs. It's just always been that way. Bird/Magic, MJ, Kobe/Shaq, Lebron, the Curry. Who's that guy? Giannis would be the closest one, but being in MLK doesn't help either. And his hype has slowed down a bit.
I dont agree with the fact that it has to be someone winning a title this year. Both Steph and Lebron have won multiple titles, clearly are the fan favorites based on merchandise sales, and are still near the top of their game. Both are generational players that are still playing at an incredible level. If winning is the criteria, then why would Steph be penalized given he is not even 2 full years away from leading his team to a title?

Sport was more popular in the past with better star players

Sport was more popular in the past with better star players

Hard to gauge if it's actually less popular. Yes TV ratings are down , but there is lots of interaction via social media .
Hard to gauge if it's actually less popular. Yes TV ratings are down , but there is lots of interaction via social media .

Well Lebron has like 50 m followers and curry has like 17m, and I'm told curry is the face of the nba

do I'm unclear on rules of this discussion

Well Lebron has like 50 m followers and curry has like 17m, and I'm told curry is the face of the nba

do I'm unclear on rules of this discussion

If we are talking IG , Bron has like 160 M
If we are talking IG , Bron has like 160 M

But I'm confused, John said jersey sales prove curry is face of nba

but you're saying social media indicates popularity, which Lebron dominates
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Feb 19, 2024 at 1:28 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone