LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 196 users in the forums

***Official NBA 2024-25 Season Thread***

Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Ya no doubt, there was some really ugly games then as well. But imo, I rather see some lower scoring games that have different ways of teams trying to score, post, mid range, etc, than seeing some teams today just chucking up more than half their shots from 3 and barely anything else. So many teams today just keep forcing the 3 point shot, instead of just being aggressive and trying to attack the paint.

No argument there - there is too many 3pt contests during the game. But, Post and mid range are not an effective spots to score from. They never were - hence the lowest scoring games in 90s and early 2000s. It's just how the sport has advanced.

Do think more contact needs to be allowed. But, the whole hand-checking rule conversation is silly though. Hand-checking was mostly dismantled in 1994 and scoring went down further. Hand-checking was weakened in 1978, then dismantled in 1994, and completely eradicated in 2004.

Also - Game is way more complex now and tv personalities & ex players who never played in this era have a tough time explaining & helping the fans understand the game. JJ Reddick recently expounded on that. Variety is not in whether it was a 3pt shot or mid-range - variety is in plays used to get an open shot.

It is what it is - I feel NBA needs couple tweaks. I remember Pat Riley and George Karl complaining in mid 90s how lack of talent has ruined the NBA offense bc in 70s and 80s - offenses were averaging similar numbers like today.

When you have 7 footers that can also shoot 3s, it makes some sense. Spacing the floor makes sense as well. Yes, it's smarter basketball if done correctly and if you have the players for it.

I think so many FOs/coaches fell in love with the Warriors blueprint of, this is how you win, and it's taking over the league in a bad way at times. If you don't have that kind of ball movement and creativity, you're not going to win consistently when it comes to deep playoff runs / rings. And of course having Curry/Klay in their primes helps even more lol, how many teams have all that?

Besides GS, what other team like that has won it all? Maybe you can say the Nuggets, but their offense started with and ended with their "I can do it all on offense" Center, and a good mix of, inside-outside offense.

Attacking the paint, having a post game for easy buckets/fouls, is always going to be king in basketball. Making a damn layup or a dunk or getting fouled is more high % no matter how they want to twist analytics in favor of the 3. If you're cold from 3, it's hard to over come that. It's hard to get "cold" when attempting a dunk or layup.

Definitely - I agree on attacking the paint and being aggressive near the basket is still the most efficient play. I think post game is a nice change up in today's game bc so few centers know how to use it - defenses often don't know what to do. AD turning into a damn fukin' good passer out of post has really helped. Jokic runs the offense like that and it's almost impossible to defend it bc no one else does it.

That's why I think Lakers can be somewhat dangerous in the playoffs - if they get in and are healthy and can avoid Denver. That's a tough matchup for them.
[ Edited by 4ML on Feb 22, 2024 at 6:30 PM ]
Mavs are gonna be moving up the standings imo if Doncic and Kyrie are healthy. Still can't believe they landed PJ Washington and Gafford at the deadline. That's a really really solid team now.

He's 20 and playing on minutes restriction lol
Originally posted by 4ML:
Mavs are gonna be moving up the standings imo if Doncic and Kyrie are healthy. Still can't believe they landed PJ Washington and Gafford at the deadline. That's a really really solid team now.

Ya I watched the game last night, they looked very good
Pelicans just torched Stephen A to a crisp.
Good on KD for sticking up for himself while also having the class to make sure the people weren't booted from the game.

https://www.si.com/nba/2024/02/23/kevin-durant-explains-mavericks-fans-pregame-confrontation-not-ejected

"People usually do that, call me 'coward,' 'b----' with my back turned, and it wasn't too many people around," Durant said. "I know you don't mean that and I'm not going to get you kicked out because you paid your money for these tickets, you had a couple of drinks and I understand how people get, but it's better ways to try to get my attention and talk to me other than call me a b---- out my name because you're protected in these arenas."
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Good on KD for sticking up for himself while also having the class to make sure the people weren't booted from the game.

https://www.si.com/nba/2024/02/23/kevin-durant-explains-mavericks-fans-pregame-confrontation-not-ejected

"People usually do that, call me 'coward,' 'b----' with my back turned, and it wasn't too many people around," Durant said. "I know you don't mean that and I'm not going to get you kicked out because you paid your money for these tickets, you had a couple of drinks and I understand how people get, but it's better ways to try to get my attention and talk to me other than call me a b---- out my name because you're protected in these arenas."

Those trailer trash losers should have been booted anyways.
Originally posted by JustinMT:
Pelicans just torched Stephen A to a crisp.

LOL
Pot meet kettle
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/draymond-rips-grant-williams-warriors-074458810.html

Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Pot meet kettle
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/draymond-rips-grant-williams-warriors-074458810.html

i mean he says he's the pot

Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Pot meet kettle

i mean he says he's the pot

Just a lot of ,hilarious things there to unpack .
Looks good.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Share 49ersWebzone