***Official NBA 2024-25 Season Thread***

Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
That was like 10 years ago lol. Move on

Men in 21st century are like women - can't let go. It's been 14 years I think
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
It's insane how many people hate this guy. I'm sure his BLM stuff didn't sit right with a quite a few.

For a lot of ppl it was when he did his beyond ridiculous The Decision, and took his dang talents to south beach. Born in Akron and bails on his hometown team to form some fake super team and brag about not one not two, so that made him easy to root against. The reality is he couldn't win rings where he was drafted, he needed to leave and join up with other All NBA types to get it over the line. That immediately told me he wasn't even on the Bird or Magic level.

No, that's who he is, a fake champion. He should wear a BK crown, 'King' James my rear

The Decision was a stupid decision but there's no denying he's one of the best to ever do it.

pretty pretty pretty pretty good
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

Neither was Jerry Sloan
Originally posted by JustinMT:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

Neither was Jerry Sloan

Or Chuck Daly
It's insane how many people hate this guy. I'm sure his BLM stuff didn't sit right with a quite a few.

For a lot of ppl it was when he did his beyond ridiculous The Decision, and took his dang talents to south beach. Born in Akron and bails on his hometown team to form some fake super team and brag about not one not two, so that made him easy to root against. The reality is he couldn't win rings where he was drafted, he needed to leave and join up with other All NBA types to get it over the line. That immediately told me he wasn't even on the Bird or Magic level.

No, that's who he is, a fake champion. He should wear a BK crown, 'King' James my rear

The Decision was a stupid decision but there's no denying he's one of the best to ever do it.

He's a ways down the list

I will give it a shot as to why I dont like him (and it has nothing to do with BLM):

-His superfans. Most toxic fanbase in sports (yes, worse than Cowboys fans). There has never been a "fanbase" of a player before him that hopped around from team to team, and most have the nerve to talk down to fans of actual teams.
-The whole self proclaimed King or Chosen 1
-He created the era of teaming up with his opponents (superteams)
-He has had every team he has been on built around him to his requests, and then bounces on them when things get tough...leaving the organization in shambles.
-He is constantly trying to hog the spotlight, and cant stand it when others get shine.
-He has media members on the payroll.
-He constantly lies and gets caught in them
-The flopping

I am sure there are more reasons, but these are the main ones for me. His fans being the #1 for me.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
I will give it a shot as to why I dont like him (and it has nothing to do with BLM):

-His superfans. Most toxic fanbase in sports (yes, worse than Cowboys fans). There has never been a "fanbase" of a player before him that hopped around from team to team, and most have the nerve to talk down to fans of actual teams.
-The whole self proclaimed King or Chosen 1
-He created the era of teaming up with his opponents (superteams)
-He has had every team he has been on built around him to his requests, and then bounces on them when things get tough...leaving the organization in shambles.
-He is constantly trying to hog the spotlight, and cant stand it when others get shine.
-He has media members on the payroll.
-He constantly lies and gets caught in them
-The flopping

I am sure there are more reasons, but these are the main ones for me. His fans being the #1 for me.

this is a very good post

OMG. Just stop. I am not a Lebron fan but to say he is way down the list is beyond stupid.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

OMG. Just stop. I am not a Lebron fan but to say he is way down the list is beyond stupid.

He is a ways down the list. His greatest asset is playing more games than anyone / durability. So if you value quantity over quality. And he's well rounded. But he's not the greatest at anything (scoring, rebounding, defending, shooting, you name anything, there are better guys)
Lebron is the greatest player over the past 20 years, but somehow is down the list. lol okay

He is a ways down the list. His greatest asset is playing more games than anyone / durability. So if you value quantity over quality. And he's well rounded. But he's not the greatest at anything (scoring, rebounding, defending, shooting, you name anything, there are better guys)
Anyone who says that Lebron is "way down the list" is just a hater and doesnt know the game. Sorry but that is the truth. Again, I dont like him and think there is some truth to what Steve wrote. But, I doubt you can find any rankings of all time NBA greats that doesnt put him in the top 5 and virtually all put him at #2.

Michael Jordan is clearly the GOAT but Lebron is right there at 2 or 3 (Kareem being the other)

Not a huge fan of his, is just outside my top 5 and he can't hold Jordan's jock, but this is silly. Guy is one of the greatest to lace them up and can do it all
Share 49ersWebzone