There are 206 users in the forums

***Official NBA 2024-25 Season Thread***

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Anyone who says that Lebron is "way down the list" is just a hater and doesnt know the game. Sorry but that is the truth. Again, I dont like him and think there is some truth to what Steve wrote. But, I doubt you can find any rankings of all time NBA greats that doesnt put him in the top 5 and virtually all put him at #2.

Michael Jordan is clearly the GOAT but Lebron is right there at 2 or 3 (Kareem being the other)

Why is he clearly anything, cuz he started playing from HS, when a lot of players weren't eligible for that, that gives him a lot more counting stats, All Stars, and so forth.. so does playing til 40 (which I give him sincere props). If you look at a per play or per game metrics, he's no better than Bird.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by JustinMT:
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
It's insane how many people hate this guy. I'm sure his BLM stuff didn't sit right with a quite a few.

For a lot of ppl it was when he did his beyond ridiculous The Decision, and took his dang talents to south beach. Born in Akron and bails on his hometown team to form some fake super team and brag about not one not two, so that made him easy to root against. The reality is he couldn't win rings where he was drafted, he needed to leave and join up with other All NBA types to get it over the line. That immediately told me he wasn't even on the Bird or Magic level.

That was like 10 years ago lol. Move on

No, that's who he is, a fake champion. He should wear a BK crown, 'King' James my rear

The Decision was a stupid decision but there's no denying he's one of the best to ever do it.

He's a ways down the list
OMG. Just stop. I am not a Lebron fan but to say he is way down the list is beyond stupid.

He is a ways down the list. His greatest asset is playing more games than anyone / durability. So if you value quantity over quality. And he's well rounded. But he's not the greatest at anything (scoring, rebounding, defending, shooting, you name anything, there are better guys)

Do you have any takes that are not s**t lmao
It's insane how many people hate this guy. I'm sure his BLM stuff didn't sit right with a quite a few.

For a lot of ppl it was when he did his beyond ridiculous The Decision, and took his dang talents to south beach. Born in Akron and bails on his hometown team to form some fake super team and brag about not one not two, so that made him easy to root against. The reality is he couldn't win rings where he was drafted, he needed to leave and join up with other All NBA types to get it over the line. That immediately told me he wasn't even on the Bird or Magic level.

No, that's who he is, a fake champion. He should wear a BK crown, 'King' James my rear

The Decision was a stupid decision but there's no denying he's one of the best to ever do it.

OMG. Just stop. I am not a Lebron fan but to say he is way down the list is beyond stupid.

He is a ways down the list. His greatest asset is playing more games than anyone / durability. So if you value quantity over quality. And he's well rounded. But he's not the greatest at anything (scoring, rebounding, defending, shooting, you name anything, there are better guys)

Let's put it this way it's a seven game series. Who you got? I'm taking Kobe miles ahead of LeBron. Forget about MJ, Bron isn't in that convo. Kobe's a killer. Bron, no killer instinct there. I'll take peak Shaq over LeBron. Now if you want who has the most all stars, okay LeBron is a very nice player. I don't look at greatness that way, it's peak this player, vs peak that player.
Anyone who says that Lebron is "way down the list" is just a hater and doesnt know the game. Sorry but that is the truth. Again, I dont like him and think there is some truth to what Steve wrote. But, I doubt you can find any rankings of all time NBA greats that doesnt put him in the top 5 and virtually all put him at #2.

Michael Jordan is clearly the GOAT but Lebron is right there at 2 or 3 (Kareem being the other)

Why is he clearly anything, cuz he started playing from HS, when a lot of players weren't eligible for that, that gives him a lot more counting stats, All Stars, and so forth.. so does playing til 40 (which I give him sincere props). If you look at a per play or per game metrics, he's no better than Bird.

So is bird way down the list? This reeks of one of your patented contrarian arguments
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

So is bird way down the list? This reeks of one of your patented contrarian arguments

People just some times forgot that being actually dumb is a thing.

Let's put it this way it's a seven game series. Who you got? I'm taking Kobe miles ahead of LeBron. Forget about MJ, Bron isn't in that convo. Kobe's a killer. Bron, no killer instinct there. I'll take peak Shaq over LeBron. Now if you want who has the most all stars, okay LeBron is a very nice player. I don't look at greatness that way, it's peak this player, vs peak that player.

Kobe all day over Lebron .
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

People just some times forgot that being actually dumb is a thing.

I'm reminded every time you post
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

Kobe all day over Lebron .

Agreed
The only other athlete in the World I can think of who comes close to being obsessively hated for made up reasons like this is Ronaldo and this is coming from a Messi and Barcelona fan. That weird ass club also blame their own hate on his fans lol.
Always everyone else

being emotionally obsessed in any way over a player is really weird
Incorrect use of a projection gif incoming
Originally posted by boast:

I don't see anything weird about it, that's what sports is you find players and clubs to root for or against. Hard to have passion as a neutral.
Originally posted by boast:

I don't see anything weird about it, that's what sports is you find players and clubs to root for or against. Hard to have passion as a neutral.

I think he is referring to those open to a cuck moment with that player

Well deserved.
Share 49ersWebzone