There are 159 users in the forums

***Official NBA 2024-25 Season Thread***

Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by 49erKing:
Originally posted by 4ML:
Obviously rooting for my dudes Luka & Kyrie in the finals! Feel it's a toss-up series though. Mavs in 7.

I know you detest the Celtics (as does like 90% of the nation). If the entire Boston roster and coaching staff were switched with the Pacers and it was Dallas-Indiana in the Finals who would be your "dudes" now? I'm absolutely serious with this question :)

I do detest the Celtics - but I really like Tatum, Brown (dude is a Cal Bear - I can't hate on him), Jrue, Unicorn, White - I like all those players. They're all likable who are tough to hate on.

Having said that - Luka has been dude from well before he was in the league. The way he controls the game and his IQ is something I highly value and he was already a vet in those areas before he ever played in USA. I said it at the time that Mavs got a generational player at 5. He's my second favorite player in the NBA.

…and Kyrie is Kyrie. He's the most aesthetically pleasing player in the history of the game. Most skilled player in the history of the game. He's like Federer of the NBA - in the sense that - if you're gonna teach a kid how to play basketball - you show them Kyrie imo. Obviously I watched him play every game when Bron and him were together - so I really appreciated what he could do on the floor.

Once Lakers were out - I was rooting for these guys to win it all.

Yeah I appreciate Luka more this year because I've been able to watch a little bit more of him during the playoffs. Yes, his IQ is off the charts, on the same level as Jokic, and he's the best offensive player in the league, and that's a ridiculous combination. He absolutely filleted the T-Wolves. Don't kill me for saying this but I think Luka could benefit from some more conditioning and strength-training, not from a cardio perspective, but to just hold his ground better defensively, and maybe allow him to be a little more explosive? Yep, Kyrie is an assassin. Last time I rooted for him, other than his short stint in Boston, was when he and Lebron upended the 73-9 Warriors in 2016 :)
Tatum and Brown didn't even have great / good games on offense. Luka can get his 40. Holiday will make it hard for Kyrie to score over 20.

This series is for the C's to lose .
Mavs had 9 assists total as a team? Ouch
that first half was the best i've ever seen porzingis play
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
that first half was the best i've ever seen porzingis play

I called him the X factor for the celtics in this series. Dude turned into Dirk on offense & Gobert on defense. This will be short series if he plays anywhere close to that level in next couple games.
Yeah I appreciate Luka more this year because I've been able to watch a little bit more of him during the playoffs. Yes, his IQ is off the charts, on the same level as Jokic, and he's the best offensive player in the league, and that's a ridiculous combination. He absolutely filleted the T-Wolves. Don't kill me for saying this but I think Luka could benefit from some more conditioning and strength-training, not from a cardio perspective, but to just hold his ground better defensively, and maybe allow him to be a little more explosive? Yep, Kyrie is an assassin. Last time I rooted for him, other than his short stint in Boston, was when he and Lebron upended the 73-9 Warriors in 2016 :)

Luka def needs to improve his physique. It'll only help him. Celts were too good last night. Didn't even give them a chance in that game. Mavs need to be better prepared to start the game.
Wow Tatum looks shook on offense, but what resiliency, still almost had a triple double. Kyrie was building a house in the 2nd half. Both teams couldn't hit the three all game. C's defensive intensity and balance was too much. Holiday and White doomed the Mavs, who started strong. I hope Porzingis is okay.
[ Edited by 49erKing on Jun 9, 2024 at 7:34 PM ]
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

today's game is boring imo, it's little effort on D and players jacking up 3s relentlessly, it's like watching an all star game from 20 years ago or so.. I used to watch every NBA finals

And then again it was the largest game 1 audience share ever, and garnered 50% of the 18-34 bracket, another record:
[ Edited by 49erKing on Jun 10, 2024 at 5:36 PM ]
Welp, looks like Porzingis may miss some games or the entire series. He definitely won't be 100%. Dude just has no fortune with his health which is understandable considering his height.

I hope Mazulla goes to the well with Luke Kornet to spell Horford. He is no-nonsense and plays with an edge and folks are sleeping on his shooting ability:

And then again it was the largest game 1 audience share ever, and garnered 50% of the 18-34 bracket, another record:

Perfect opportunity for Tatum to silence his justified critics and validate his earlier proclamation that he is "humbly the best player in the league" by taking full control of this series and delivering banner #18 to Boston. Or will he even need to considering they still have Brown, Holiday, and White to carry the load on both ends.

Very intriguing game three coming up!
[ Edited by 49erKing on Jun 12, 2024 at 4:40 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone