• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JustinMT:
Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by Knowledge:

probably to Sixers

Sign PG and trade for Lauri and we back!

Lauri is not available

Imo Jazz should throw the max offer at PG and promise him to bring in another star with all the draft picks they have.

And that would accomplish what? lol He's 34, all that does is get the Jazz in salary cap hell with a 2nd Round appearance at the most. Complete waste of time and money.

PG to Sixers so moot point now but completely disagree with 2nd rd appearance at the most.

probably to Sixers

Lauri is not available

Imo Jazz should throw the max offer at PG and promise him to bring in another star with all the draft picks they have.

And that would accomplish what? lol He's 34, all that does is get the Jazz in salary cap hell with a 2nd Round appearance at the most. Complete waste of time and money.

PG to Sixers so moot point now but completely disagree with 2nd rd appearance at the most.

lol If one of the most talented rosters in Jazz history couldn't get to the WCF than a team led by George, Lauri and random other guy definitely wouldn't do it. There's no way,
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

probably to Sixers

Lauri is not available

lol If one of the most talented rosters in Jazz history couldn't get to the WCF than a team led by George, Lauri and random other guy definitely wouldn't do it. There's no way,

uhhh Mavs just made the NBA finals. History has nothing to with it. Competition isn't the same.
uhhh Mavs just made the NBA finals. History has nothing to with it. Competition isn't the same.

lol Yeah and it's a very experienced organization compared to where Utah is right now.. Will Hardy hasn't coached in the postseason, the team is horrible on defense, the young guys from last year's draft are still really raw outside of Keyonte. They'll be able to fight for a playoff spot this year but that roster is still 2-3 years away from being reliable and consistent.. Having George get paid $50 million a year wouldn't have done anything to change that. It would have wasted more years of his career as he chases a ring and it would have been an absolute waste of money for Utah. He's better off in Philly and Utah is better off growing this really young team. I'm sure they'll try to add a couple vets during free agency but I'm not expecting a lot this year.
[ Edited by JustinMT on Jul 1, 2024 at 10:40 AM ]

lol
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

lol Yeah and it's a very experienced organization compared to where Utah is right now.. Will Hardy hasn't coached in the postseason, the team is horrible on defense, the young guys from last year's draft are still really raw outside of Keyonte. They'll be able to fight for a playoff spot this year but that roster is still 2-3 years away from being reliable and consistent.. Having George get paid $50 million a year wouldn't have done anything to change that. It would have wasted more years of his career as he chases a ring and it would have been an absolute waste of money for Utah. He's better off in Philly and Utah is better off growing this really young team. I'm sure they'll try to add a couple vets during free agency but I'm not expecting a lot this year.

Then time to move Lauri.

Then time to move Lauri.

Lol no that's an overreaction.

lol
Not so fast though lol. King and Prince Mooch of all time still have a shot
[ Edited by MucketyMuck on Jul 1, 2024 at 12:24 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Then time to move Lauri.

Lol no that's an overreaction.

I think under the new CBA rules - it'd be be really dumb to pay max to Lauri - wait 2-3 years to make deep runs in the playoffs. You could do that if Lauri was superstar and there were 2 young players who you were sure about turning into all star caliber players.
Share 49ersWebzone