There are 309 users in the forums

Wrestling Thread (WWE, AEW, etc)

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by btthepunk:
I doubt he's pissed.

Goldberg vs Lesnar for the title is (unfortunately) much better for business. The title is kinda irrelevant due to every PPV match and most televised matches are feud based anyways.

Want the title to mean more? Don't have the champ wrestle on Raw or Smackdown nearly as much and have others compete for the chance at title at the PPV's.

I disagree with a lot. Someone like KO who has traveled the world wrestling and mastering his craft. One of the more decorated stars in the business losing his title to a video game cover guy? Yeah, he is pissed.

I agree with the title defenses, but that applies to the entire concept of how much WWE is increasing everything. 2 hour shows are 3, we have 87 PPVs a month now, no huge PPV on cable anymore..just give them $120/year and they'll give you Fast Lane and Road Block.

It didn't kill any momentum. Wins and losses aren't the only thing that matters. He'll come out tomorrow night to the same pop he always gets.

KO wont lose any steam either. Before he won the title he lost clean to Sami Zayn. Lesnar still has all his momentum.

It hurt his momentum quite a bit. Dude is labeled as the "mountain among men" or whatever. He just lost to the most disliked guy in the company. He'll come out on RAW w/ the same pop, but the character development isn't on as good of a path as it could've been. Instead, Roman wins LOL.

KO won't LOSE steam, but the main thing is he will not GAIN it either. KO is the John Cena of the company for non 8 year olds. He SHOULD be the face of WWE.

But instead, we get LESNAR vs GOLDBERG (again) because people know those guys and will sign up for the WWE Network! Wooooo!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Originally posted by JustinMT:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
I'm glad Goldberg won. Owens will have many more reigns as champ (same as Rollins, Balor, Reigns) let the old man get one last hoorah, drop it to Lesnar, so he can really put over Strowman at SummerSlam.

Knew Y2J would interfere lol. I think Y2J - KO steals the spotlight at WM.

I hope they give them 25-30 minutes.

And Rollins vs HHH another 25-30 minutes.

Considering goldberg/lesinar will only last about 3:29 seconds yeah
Originally posted by ads_2006:
sasha banks cheeks doe

Yes
I remember seeing a non-wwe interview with CM Punk and he was asked if he was angry that he dropped the title after 400+ days to The Rock and he said that he wasn't mad because he didn't really win anything. He was given the belt to hold and travel with as part of the storyline. Of course there are guys who dream about it as kids but once they get it, they know it's all business from there.
KO wasn't wrestling for the title or main eventing anyways. If it wasn't Goldberg it would have been Roman. In WWE eyes Roman v Taker > Owens v Jericho and that's by a country mile. It sucks though that the 2 people who carried the last year get dicked over on the biggest day. That's the WWE for you.

As for Braun I think that was a good move though. He's a monster heel but a rare one who has long term potential. Once a monster heel loses they typically get flushed in the toilet so I think it was smart to get that out of the way while he's still growing.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
KO wasn't wrestling for the title or main eventing anyways. If it wasn't Goldberg it would have been Roman. In WWE eyes Roman v Taker > Owens v Jericho and that's by a country mile. It sucks though that the 2 people who carried the last year get dicked over on the biggest day. That's the WWE for you.

As for Braun I think that was a good move though. He's a monster heel but a rare one who has long term potential. Once a monster heel loses they typically get flushed in the toilet so I think it was smart to get that out of the way while he's still growing.

And if Braun just kept winning then the smarky fans would turn on him.
Who is Braun supposed to wrestle at mania?
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Who is Braun supposed to wrestle at mania?

Chances are, the Andre the Giant battle royal. But hopefully since Shaq vs Big Show isn't happening that's who he'll face. That match on Raw between them was awesome.
Originally posted by JustinMT:
As reported earlier, the Hardys have signed some sort of agreement with Ring of Honor and it appears they will be with the company for at least the forseeable future. Dave Meltzer stated on Wrestling Observer Radio that it is a long term deal and not through just the next few weeks.

Both brothers are already back taking indie dates which pretty much confirms that they won't be going to WWE anytime soon. As part of the deal with ROH, the Hardys have also been given full creative control of their characters and are also able to continue accepting independent dates, which they had stopped taking in case they were to sign WWE contracts.

So many good matches for them in ROH though, should be a fun run for them and hopefully they get to work with NJPW as well.

Bubba Ray also debuted on the same show for ROH this weekend.
Also what was the point of Sasha coming out and helping Bayley win again? Is this the start of her heel turn?

Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Also what was the point of Sasha coming out and helping Bayley win again? Is this the start of her heel turn?

Yes.
This is shaping up to be a bad mania...
Ravishing Rick Rude officially going into the HoF. It was said a while back he was going to be this year.
https://champions.co/p/goldberg-vs-lesnar-for-the-title-at-wrestlemania-is-best-for-business/4208315
[ Edited by btthepunk on Mar 6, 2017 at 11:04 AM ]
Man, that was a pretty bad PPV. I think i'm going to go back to skipping the "small" ppvs.
Share 49ersWebzone