Save 30% at the official 49ers online store with code CATCH30 →

There are 224 users in the forums

Wrestling Thread (WWE, AEW, etc)

Originally posted by jrg:
Aleister was live earlier on Twitch. Mentioned how he was told his release was "due to budget cuts"

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1043583217?t=0h5m51s%2F%3Ftt_content%3Dtwitch_logo

Glad I saw him live when I did. Dude is a beast.
Aleister was live earlier on Twitch. Mentioned how he was told his release was "due to budget cuts"

Jesus budget cuts my ass, they had a high profit in 2020 during a pandemic, and yet cut like 20+ wrestlers last yr, Vince is money hungry.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

Jesus budget cuts my ass, they had a high profit in 2020 during a pandemic, and yet cut like 20+ wrestlers last yr, Vince is money hungry.

https://corporate.wwe.com/investors/news/press-releases/2021/04-22-2021-211046456

Revenue was $263.5 million, a decrease of 9% or $27.5 million,

Operating income was $65.1 million, an increase of 22% or $11.8 million
another reason why WWE sucks now, is because they went public. everything they do is to make a profit now.
[ Edited by TheGore49er on Jun 2, 2021 at 4:53 PM ]
All those people were released so Vince could sign Randy's one week old mustache. It's too impressive to risk letting it walk away.
Originally posted by JustinMT:
All those people were released so Vince could sign Randy's one week old mustache. It's too impressive to risk letting it walk away.

They signed Eva Marie and then released Aleister and Braun. LMAO.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Braun honestly doesn't bother me. Do I think he should've been released? Hell no. But cutting Aleister pissed me off.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPo7npAhHfl/

"All I know is this business. And I am glad that I do. Never in 21 years of being around did I want anything else no matter how much it made me hate it sometimes. Today, despite all of it, I am happy. Happy that I got a wonderful opportunity 5 years ago that allowed me to meet you all, through a tv screen every week, and sometimes in your own town, or at a table asking me for an autograph. I enjoyed talking to you, meeting you, meeting your families and seeing smiles and shy hands asking me to sign autographs cards, pictures and sometimes shirts. There is a lot I could say, and maybe someday I will, but right now I am focusing on sitting home with my wife who I also have met through WWE, and taking it all in. Taking all my good experiences in and feeling fulfilled. I have poured everything into this, and even what you didn't see, I still created, and maybe I'll show it to you one day. But I think I'd rather show all of this to you somewhere else. Perhaps closer to your home, perhaps through social media, perhaps through a different screen. For now WWE Universe I am happy to have met you. Till we, maybe, one day meet again. Rest in peace Aleister Black, long live Tommy End."
[ Edited by jrg on Jun 2, 2021 at 9:58 PM ]
Braun honestly doesn't bother me. Do I think he should've been released? Hell no. But cutting Aleister pissed me off.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPo7npAhHfl/

"All I know is this business. And I am glad that I do. Never in 21 years of being around did I want anything else no matter how much it made me hate it sometimes. Today, despite all of it, I am happy. Happy that I got a wonderful opportunity 5 years ago that allowed me to meet you all, through a tv screen every week, and sometimes in your own town, or at a table asking me for an autograph. I enjoyed talking to you, meeting you, meeting your families and seeing smiles and shy hands asking me to sign autographs cards, pictures and sometimes shirts. There is a lot I could say, and maybe someday I will, but right now I am focusing on sitting home with my wife who I also have met through WWE, and taking it all in. Taking all my good experiences in and feeling fulfilled. I have poured everything into this, and even what you didn't see, I still created, and maybe I'll show it to you one day. But I think I'd rather show all of this to you somewhere else. Perhaps closer to your home, perhaps through social media, perhaps through a different screen. For now WWE Universe I am happy to have met you. Till we, maybe, one day meet again. Rest in peace Aleister Black, long live Tommy End."

Black should go to AEW when his no compete clause is done. I think he'd be a great addition, maybe also with Zelina Vega.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
another reason why WWE sucks now, is because they went public. everything they do is to make a profit now.

Yep, and Stephanie saying they want to "improve" Saudi Arabia, LMAO, no they want their money, they don't care how Women are treated there.
If AEW signs Black, you'd get to see him in November.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by evil:

I'd legit watch AEW every single week.

Maybe just in time for a match w/ this guy

[ Edited by jrg on Jun 3, 2021 at 4:14 AM ]

Originally posted by evil:

So many matchups, Brian Cage/Black, Hangman/Black, Omega/Black, so many good matchups
They're gonna regret letting him go. He never got a fair shake on the main roster.
They're gonna regret letting him go. He never got a fair shake on the main roster.

Same with Miro, he way over with Happy Rusev Day, but Vince hates guys who get over by themselves, its why he hated the idea of Daniel Bryan as champion or was hesitant to do it. Punk got over by himself too, I think that forced Vince to put the belt on Punk despite the fact he doesn't or didn't think he was a main eventer.

No they not. They are swimming in money.
"You can't give a guy intro, give him a black gimmick, a dark robe, and go out there and become a star," Booker said (h/t Cultaholic). "You know, you put him on that thing [mimicks Aleister Black's entrance]. The thing is, it did look cool. But understand, you just can't get that gimmick and think because of the smoke and mirrors, you're going to go out there and get over."

"Aleister Black is a good worker, but I'm looking for [a] guy that's 'talent'. I'm looking for [a] guy that's going to go out and do things totally different than everybody else on the roster," he continued. "Aleister Black had his MMA get-up, his kung fu, karate, Black Mass for the finisher. I get it. But, for me, Aleister Black was a guy that didn't set himself apart from the rest of the guys in the locker room."

Booker comes across as a giant schill here. How can he claim that Black needs to set himself apart then name a bunch of things that Black did, that did set himself apart. The entrance, the look, the moveset... all made him unique.

And Undertaker is living proof of a dark gimmick that got himself over. Bray also had a dark gimmick that got over. Black got over in NXT, and he could have got over on the main roster with an actual sustained push.
Share 49ersWebzone