Save 30% at the official 49ers online store with code CATCH30 →

There are 233 users in the forums

Wrestling Thread (WWE, AEW, etc)

• jrg
  • Veteran
Why do you watch it then? I swear every Monday and/or Friday at night this thread consists of "Man, Raw/Smackdown is SO bad!"

Lol. I haven't liked it for a while, so I just catch YouTube highlights here and there.
Yeah I don't really support them anymore. Only way things change is if their support diminishes .
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Two former WWE employees who were INCREDIBLE

• jrg
  • Veteran
Like both are better than 99% of the WWE roster right now....
Originally posted by jrg:

So I've a seen a couple of reports that Vince wants to go back to the 90s/2000s recruiting strategy, aka big guys. They were advertising for 6'5 220+ lbs.

I can only imagine that most of these cuts came to start making room for these guys and moving towards that direction.

Still, getting rid of Black was a very dumb move by Vince.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

So I've a seen a couple of reports that Vince wants to go back to the 90s/2000s recruiting strategy, aka big guys. They were advertising for 6'5 220+ lbs.

I can only imagine that most of these cuts came to start making room for these guys and moving towards that direction.

Thing is how they are going to book them. Those "big guys" Vince loves worked back in the 90s because they would just brutally beat the s**t out of people.

In 2021, how many of those gimmicks work? Reigns/Lashley/McIntyre? None of them close to what wrestling (or WWE/entertainment) was before.

But yeah, Black is a STAR. Wrestling ability, look, gimmick, theme/etc. Just a STAR.

Hell Murphy is about there too.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

Thing is how they are going to book them. Those "big guys" Vince loves worked back in the 90s because they would just brutally beat the s**t out of people.

In 2021, how many of those gimmicks work? Reigns/Lashley/McIntyre? None of them close to what wrestling (or WWE/entertainment) was before.

But yeah, Black is a STAR. Wrestling ability, look, gimmick, theme/etc. Just a STAR.

Hell Murphy is about there too.

Ya, it's a mistake. Especially if still trying to keep it family friendly.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Jimmy Uso arrested for DUI in Pensacola, FL

"In the docs, officers say during subsequent questioning … they smelled booze on the 35-year-old, so they asked him to exit his Dodge Charger. Cops say when Uso got out of his vehicle, he was noticeably swaying … and claim that Uso had told them he had consumed 'multiple' beers before getting behind the wheel. Officers say Uso went on to bomb field sobriety tests … so they arrested him. In the docs, cops claim Uso's BAC breath tests came back at .202 and .205 — well above Florida's legal limit of .08."

link
[ Edited by jrg on Jul 6, 2021 at 7:10 AM ]
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Is the Moxley pic photoshopped? He hasn't returned to AEW yet, I imagine he will soon since they're back to touring Wednesday. I do like Mox bald, you could tell he had a receding hairline, makes sense to just shave it all off.

Anyway, I've been wondering what the ALL OUT card will look like in September, here's what I have so far.

Kenny Omega vs. Hangman Adam Page for AEW World Title
Christian Cage vs. Matt Hardy
Santana & Ortiz vs. FTR
Chris Jericho vs. MJF

Not sure on the Tag Titles match, I can't see The Young Bucks losing to Eddie & Penta, also not sure who Miro would face for TNT title, and who Brit Baker will defend against. Also imagine Brian Cage, Ricky Starks, & Powerhouse Hobbs will be on the show.

It is a photoshop but Mox did go bald :

And Omega was inspired by Harley Race same as HHH.

I think Santana & Ortiz will be winning the tag titles at All Out. Their FTR match will happen soon.

And MJF wrestles either Jericho or Sammy again. I think a second match with Sammy with Sammy winning is the next step after Jericho VS MJF.

I can see Brian Cage challenging Miro as they need a big baby face challenger for the PPV.

"In the docs, officers say during subsequent questioning … they smelled booze on the 35-year-old, so they asked him to exit his Dodge Charger. Cops say when Uso got out of his vehicle, he was noticeably swaying … and claim that Uso had told them he had consumed 'multiple' beers before getting behind the wheel. Officers say Uso went on to bomb field sobriety tests … so they arrested him. In the docs, cops claim Uso's BAC breath tests came back at .202 and .205 — well above Florida's legal limit of .08."

link

F'n sad. Dude needs to learn how to use Uber.

link

sad
Poor jimmy. Happens to the best of us.
Originally posted by pdizo916:

Getting 4 or 5 dui's happens to the best of us?

Guy can easily pay for a cab or Uber and keep his ass outta trouble.
Originally posted by pdizo916:

No it doesn't. All it says is he has a serious addiction and is a stupid motherf**ker who apparently can't use uber. I have no sympathy for people who drive intoxicated. I've had family hurt and killed by them in the past. It's completely irresponsible and selfish.
[ Edited by JustinMT on Jul 6, 2021 at 6:25 PM ]
Tony Kahn was on Lebatard and revealed that the professional pyrotechnics he hired for the Barbwire Death Match totally s**t the bed and he was refunded 100k as a result.

Share 49ersWebzone