[ Edited by jrg on Apr 2, 2023 at 8:45 PM ]
Might as well let Big E come back and beat Roman
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Might as well let Big E come back and beat Roman

that'd be good too
Originally posted by JustinMT:
I feel like this could have been a one day event. There's a lot of garbage that could have been cut.

Didn't they mainly start doing two day Mania's just because they didn't like the fact that indy companies were running shows on Mania weekend?
You guys upset with the main event

That was tits. Crowd was hyped too so that made it even better imo
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by dmax:
Terrible ending

Agreed. How tf do you end it like that? That was like a typical non-pay per view ending. I mean seriously WTF.

Day one was amazing. Day two was amazingly BAD.

This company's lack of trust in anyone but Roman or Brock is maddening.

I was expecting a lot from the Edge/Balor match and it was by far one of the worst ones of the entire weekend. What was the point of hell in a cell? It played no part. They are very top-heavy, it's pretty clear. They need to continue to ride Roman.
Shane, like his old man, tore his f**king quad lmao.

Snoop improvised - which is impressive.
Originally posted by dmax:
Terrible ending

Agreed. How tf do you end it like that? That was like a typical non-pay per view ending. I mean seriously WTF.

Day one was amazing. Day two was amazingly BAD.

This company's lack of trust in anyone but Roman or Brock is maddening.

It's ridiculous. You can't convince me that there's no one on the roster who can carry the title as good or better. I don't buy it.

Who tf are they saving the title for at this point? Do I have to watch another f***king year of predictable losses to Roman? Makes me sick to think about. Every other story has been played out. Seth, KO, Zayn, Riddle, Rhodes, Mysterio, Edge, Drew, Jay, Logan Paul, Big E, Lesnar, Balor, even freaking John Cena... He's already fought all those guys.

The only person left that I could see as an immediate threat, if he came back soon, is Randy Orton. From what I've read he's not even close to being cleared to wrestle again though.. IDK, maybe AJ Styles has 0.000001% chance for consideration with the OC helping control the Usos? I don't see Gunther, Braun, or Sheamus as that guy at this point. I really don't know WTF they're gonna do now to fix this disaster. It honestly feels more like they refuse to let Roman lose is cause they wouldn't know WTF to do with him afterwards.

IMO tonight was an absolute embarrassment.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Apr 2, 2023 at 9:24 PM ]
Originally posted by TheNaitch:
I feel like this could have been a one day event. There's a lot of garbage that could have been cut.

Didn't they mainly start doing two day Mania's just because they didn't like the fact that indy companies were running shows on Mania weekend?

Fans were exhausted by the time of the main events because it got to the point where it was like a ten hour day for fans. If not longer. Their energy would be spent by the halfway point. I think the WWE has really lost a lot of focus on what is worthy of Wrestlemania too.
My only guess is the WWE wants that 1000 days as champ record for Roman and then he drop the titles at SS to Cody. At least Cody didnt lose clean lol.

Just a hint as I just saw the HHH post WM presser where he basically praised Cody for his return to WWE and called him one of the top guys in the business right now. They have plans for sure.

Still though, SS is not WM.

Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
My only guess is the WWE wants that 1000 days as champ record for Roman and then he drop the titles at SS to Cody. At least Cody didnt lose clean lol.

Just a hint as I just saw the HHH post WM presser where he basically praised Cody for his return to WWE and called him one of the top guys in the business right now. They have plans for sure.

Exactly. It's big, but at this point not appropriately big enough for unseating a reign this long, IMO.

The only people happy or OK with this outcome tonight are the extreme Roman fanboys.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
yeah tonight was the perfect spot for a big event

cody winning at ss is nothing to winning tonight
They are gonna set up Jey snapping at Roman to cost him the title.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Exactly. It's big, but at this point not appropriately big enough for unseating a reign this long, IMO.

The only people happy or OK with this outcome tonight are the extreme Roman fanboys.

The minute the ref was knocked out I knew lol. The risk now for HHH is to figure out how the story plays if/when Roman drops the titles at SS. That's a short window between then and WM40 in Philly to develop the next title holder. Tonight would have been perfect for Cody and would give WWE time to develop his title reign.

That said I trust HHH has a bigger plan for Cody because there really is no other babyface at his level in terms of crowd reaction and merchandise sales.
Holy f**k

Share 49ersWebzone