LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 128 users in the forums

Wrestling Thread (WWE, AEW, etc)

Originally posted by pdc20:
Oh my god, I thought Kenny died on that move.
What a match and what a show!
Ospreay/Omega was maybe even better than the match at the Tokyo Dome. Ospreay 's character work has improved so much the last few years.
And freaking Danielson worked the last 10 minutes of his match with a broken forearm!
These wrestlers are just amazing.

I had been waiting for AEW use The Final Countdown, even if it's a one off and it did not disappoint. Danielson/Okada & Ospreay/Omega were fantastic!!
Ospreay/Omega was maybe even better than the match at the Tokyo Dome. Ospreay 's character work has improved so much the last few years.
And freaking Danielson worked the last 10 minutes of his match with a broken forearm!

Same. That looked like it fn hurt, but unapparently both escaped with no injuries.

Such a compelling, drama filled match.

And 99% of people didn't think Bryan was winning, yet not only did he win, he was the first man to tap Okada since 2015/16 ish. Last guy before Bryan was Shinsuke Nakamura.

10 man tag was bonkers too. That sell job by Ishii when Takes**ta laid that forearm was masterful.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ct0dNakAVXB/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
Originally posted by evil:
Same. That looked like it fn hurt, but unapparently both escaped with no injuries.

Such a compelling, drama filled match.

And 99% of people didn't think Bryan was winning, yet not only did he win, he was the first man to tap Okada since 2015/16 ish. Last guy before Bryan was Shinsuke Nakamura.

10 man tag was bonkers too. That sell job by Ishii when Takes**ta laid that forearm was masterful.

The 10 man match was phenomenal. So many storylines in this match with Kingston, the BCC and the Elite.
Takes**ta is a superstar in the making.
To think that the ACE of DDT would be such a great heel.
The Kenny Omega/Konosuke Takes**ta match will be incredible.

I never thought for one second that Danielson would beat Okada and he made him tap! Okada!
I guess it's the beginning of a big program with these twos. Okada will beat Danielson at some point.
Now Danielson is out 6-8 weeks with his broken forearm. I hope he can come back for All In.

But ultimately the one that keeps impressing me the most is Ospreay. He's an athletic phenom but now he can brawl, he became a great storyteller. He's great on promo. He's the total package.
They have to use him at Wembley right? I mean Will has a match with Shingo the day before All In at the Rev Pro. The way his match with Kenny ended, you could do the third match at Wembley.
[ Edited by pdc20 on Jun 27, 2023 at 12:53 AM ]
The 10 man match was phenomenal. So many storylines in this match with Kingston, the BCC and the Elite.
Takes**ta is a superstar in the making.
To think that the ACE of DDT would be such a great heel.
The Kenny Omega/Konosuke Takes**ta match will be incredible.

I never thought for one second that Danielson would beat Okada and he made him tap! Okada!
I guess it's the beginning of a big program with these twos. Okada will beat Danielson at some point.
Now Danielson is out 6-8 weeks with his broken forearm. I hope he can come back for All In.

But ultimately the one that keeps impressing me the most is Ospreay. He's an athletic phenom but now he can brawl, he became a great storyteller. He's great on promo. He's the total package.
They have to use him at Wembley right? I mean Will has a match with Shingo the day before All In at the Rev Pro. The way his match with Kenny ended, you could do the third match at Wembley.

Will is rumored for the Wembley show but only time will tell. It seems to make the most sense for he and Kenny to finish the trilogy in Wills backyard though.

I could see Bryan and Okada running it back at WK in front of 60+k in the Tokyo Dome. Would be a great story and match for that show.

With a rumored Blood and Guts match taking place in Boston in mid July plus All In and All Out a week apart in late August, AEW is in a position for a hot summer with stories and matches.
I'm a big fan of Matt Riddle. The substance abuse stuff I am hoping is something I hope he can forever put behind him and earn the long-term trust of the company. Dude was becoming one of the biggest top-card guys until that whole thing really killed his momentum. Losing Randy hurt too.

Really interested to see if he gets a shot at the Intercontinental title -- seems to be trending that way possibly. Could pave the way for an Orton return (helping Riddle win maybe?) and then building a feud between RK-Bro and Imperium. Maybe?
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Jun 27, 2023 at 1:03 PM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I'm a big fan of Matt Riddle. The substance abuse stuff I am hoping is something I hope he can forever put behind him and earn the long-term trust of the company. Dude was becoming one of the biggest top-card guys until that whole thing really killed his momentum. Losing Randy hurt too.

Really interested to see if he gets a shot at the Intercontinental title -- seems to be trending that way possibly. Could pave the way for an Orton return (helping Riddle win maybe?) and then building a feud between RK-Bro and Imperium. Maybe?

i dislike him....he annoys my soul
Originally posted by dmax:

i dislike him....he annoys my soul

I get it, you either love him/enjoy the goofiness or hate him and he annoys tf out of you, lol. Could say that about a lot of people on roster.

I don't like Charlotte Flair, Rhonda Rousey, Zelina Vega, Sheamus, Bobby Lashley, and I've never been a fan of Roman either. But a lot of people love all those guys. To each their own I guess.
I get it, you either love him/enjoy the goofiness or hate him and he annoys tf out of you, lol. Could say that about a lot of people on roster.

I don't like Charlotte Flair, Rhonda Rousey, Zelina Vega, Sheamus, Bobby Lashley, and I've never been a fan of Roman either. But a lot of people love all those guys. To each their own I guess.

oh god YES

64 year old Stinger doing high spots. Rumor is he'll retire at Wembley but I think he wants to unleash the joker soon.

Originally posted by Temecula49ersfan:

I had been waiting for AEW use The Final Countdown, even if it's a one off and it did not disappoint. Danielson/Okada & Ospreay/Omega were fantastic!!

What a show by AEW & NJPW, loved Ospreay winning, and BD winning, but I think they have to do Ospreay/Omega 3 at All In, and I agree BD/Okada at WK in Japan.
Cesaro staring a hole at Eddie Kingston for 20 minutes straight while Moxley wrestles was great.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

64 year old Stinger doing high spots. Rumor is he'll retire at Wembley but I think he wants to unleash the joker soon.

FYI :

"I have not decided on a date. For sure, a lot of people have wondered if I will retire in Wembley [the venue of All In], that would be very cool, but I don't see that happening. I think I'm going to continue on," Sting told reporters at the media scrum following Sunday's Forbidden Door pay-per-view.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
LA Knight needs to be a top guy

YEAH

[ Edited by jrg on Jun 30, 2023 at 12:51 AM ]
RIP to Darren Droz
Share 49ersWebzone