Save 30% at the 49ers official online store →

There are 178 users in the forums

Wrestling Thread (WWE, AEW, etc)

Lol at fans complaining about cm punk. Y'all know you love the dude shut up
Originally posted by BMoore56:

I don't care for him but he does ratchet up the intrigue for sure. I wasn't a fan of wrestling during his first run of WWE - dont have any sort of emotional connect to him.

What has he done since 2013 outside of being a dick? I was a huge fan of his, I had his shirts and was all about his antics back then. However, when report after report come out saying how much of an a*****e he is to work with in WWE and AEW and even in his own interviews between WWE and AEW, he never held himself accountable for any of it. I gave him one last shot at AEW and I enjoyed it at first but then it was the same typical s**t from him.

I just don't care. He's older, he's not as good of a wrestler as he used to be, and yeah he loves the cheap pop promos. Nothing feels real with him anymore. He's a guy playing a lame version of his younger self and props to him it works. Idiots are gonna waste a ton of money on his merch and when he feels like he's gotten plenty of merch sales, the drama will start and he'll be future endeavored again. We just saw a few months ago that he's still a dick. He hasn't changed like he proclaimed yesterday but it doesn't matter cause the sheep will still flock to him.
Originally posted by JustinMT:
What has he done since 2013 outside of being a dick? I was a huge fan of his, I had his shirts and was all about his antics back then. However, when report after report come out saying how much of an a*****e he is to work with in WWE and AEW and even in his own interviews between WWE and AEW, he never held himself accountable for any of it. I gave him one last shot at AEW and I enjoyed it at first but then it was the same typical s**t from him.

I just don't care. He's older, he's not as good of a wrestler as he used to be, and yeah he loves the cheap pop promos. Nothing feels real with him anymore. He's a guy playing a lame version of his younger self and props to him it works. Idiots are gonna waste a ton of money on his merch and when he feels like he's gotten plenty of merch sales, the drama will start and he'll be future endeavored again. We just saw a few months ago that he's still a dick. He hasn't changed like he proclaimed yesterday but it doesn't matter cause the sheep will still flock to him.

It's pretty crazy everyone already booking him to main event wrestlemania v seth... which would be a great match but damn - already trying to pump him up.

One thing for sure, the Royal Rumble is going to be FIRE. I cannot wait. I didn't get into wrasslin until mania last year so I didnt see it, I am looking forward to it.
Originally posted by Garce:

It's pretty crazy everyone already booking him to main event wrestlemania v seth... which would be a great match but damn - already trying to pump him up.

One thing for sure, the Royal Rumble is going to be FIRE. I cannot wait. I didn't get into wrasslin until mania last year so I didnt see it, I am looking forward to it.

It should be a great Rumble! They've finally built up a lot of guys for the main event and I'm curious to see who will win since there's some great heels and a large group of popular babyfaces.

I could personally careless who he's a d*ck to or how he treats his rich coworkers or how he is a cancer to a billionaire company. None of this stuff personally affects me. I like listening to the dude talk. And when he's talking he drops the truth. Yea he talked bad about WWE and came back. Money talks. Boohoo grown men in the wwe are crying and mad he got brought back. Get over it. He's a ratings booster no matter what. And I personally think he's still a good wrestler. And when the drama hits and everything starts burning down I'll be here to enjoy that to lol.
I could personally careless who he's a d*ck to or how he treats his rich coworkers or how he is a cancer to a billionaire company. None of this stuff personally affects me. I like listening to the dude talk. And when he's talking he drops the truth. Yea he talked bad about WWE and came back. Money talks. Boohoo grown men in the wwe are crying and mad he got brought back. Get over it. He's a ratings booster no matter what. And I personally think he's still a good wrestler. And when the drama hits and everything starts burning down I'll be here to enjoy that to lol.

Who are you talking to? No one here crying about punk.

I'm talking about some of the talent being upset he's back. Reading is key

Think there's a difference between being mad versus "crying" about something. Honestly.. Everyone there that has a problem with it not only is obviously entitled to their opinion, but they also have valid reasons for feeling that way. No denying that.

But I get it, like you said, you don't care about their feelings. Now for me, I'm neutral but I care if it screws up anything there. I'm kind of with Cody Rhodes.. If it helps make WWE better, cool.

I'm like Garce, no attachment to him and only know what I've heard. I watched as a kid in the late 90s but didn't keep up with things from 2000-2018. When my wife and I moved to Florida, we started attending NXT live dark matches. Saw Bianca, Iyo, Kairi, Shayna, Damian, and a bunch of others before they got to the main roster. Starting watching main WWE shows again in 2020.

Went on a tangent there, but long story short, I don't know this Punk, not close to being a fan, but let's see where this goes. IMO, he should be handed NOTHING. Earn his way back up like everyone else.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Nov 28, 2023 at 8:53 PM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Think there's a difference between being mad versus "crying" about something. Honestly.. Everyone there that has a problem with it not only is obviously entitled to their opinion, but they also have valid reasons for feeling that way. No denying that.

But I get it, like you said, you don't care about their feelings. Now for me, I'm neutral but I care if it screws up anything there. I'm kind of with Cody Rhodes.. If it helps make WWE better, cool.

I'm like Garce, no attachment to him and only know what I've heard. I watched as a kid in the late 90s but didn't keep up with things from 2000-2018. When my wife and I moved to Florida, we started attending NXT live dark matches. Saw Bianca, Iyo, Kairi, Shayna, Damian, and a bunch of others before they got to the main roster. Starting watching main WWE shows again in 2020.

Went on a tangent there, but long story short, I don't know this Punk, not close to being a fan, but let's see where this goes. IMO, he should be handed NOTHING. Earn his way back up like everyone else.

I also missed most of Punks run. But it didn't take long to really like his character when I came back.

Felt bad for him after the whole wwe doctors incident though. But after how he treated Colt Cabana I realized he's also a POS.

The aew return was huge but it was obvious he only came back bc he ran out of money. Then he returned with a Hogan backstage attitude and was constantly injured as well so didn't care for him anymore.

He's now broken down, huge ego, and is only in it for purely the money, he's not worth it. And there's no chance he's gonna have to earn his way. He got a fat payday and they will attempt to get their money's worth out of him.

lol
CM Punk! CM Punk! CM Punk! CM Punk!

lol

Bryan, who is friends with Punk, was reportedly on a 3 person disciplinary committee who unanimously recommended for Punk to be fired.

Apparently these were the same words he uttered to talent in a meeting backstage after Punk was fired.
CM Punk! CM Punk! CM Punk! CM Punk!

Lol u act your his dad or something
Share 49ersWebzone