Save 30% at the 49ers official online store →

There are 178 users in the forums

Wrestling Thread (WWE, AEW, etc)

• pdc20
  • Veteran
Toni Storm has been outstanding with this new character. Still, I hope Hayter will be back soon.
As for the rest of the show, the Devil reveal was obvious but logical. I hoped that Swerve was the guy because that would be great but I guess they didn't want to call an audible here. Cole as the Devil is logical in the sense that every guys he attacked were also his former ennemies in AEW. Jay White was the guy that injured him. Hangman beat him twice for the AEW World title. It wasn't just Cole playing with MJF's mind here. It's a shame still because I thought Cole was great as a babyface and his tag team with MJF worked so well. But at least it's a logical booking.
Happy for Joe. I'm a little bit surprised because he has been AEW champion before Danielson. Why not put the title on Danielson seriously? And if MJF was going to lose, then just put the title on Swerve who is their new big star. I know that Swerve will be champion really soon but I think it's a missed opportunity here. I think the main event of All In should be Swerve vs. Ospreay for the title.
[ Edited by pdc20 on Jan 1, 2024 at 7:41 AM ]
Originally posted by pdc20:
Toni Storm has been outstanding with this new character. Still, I hope Hayter will be back soon.
As for the rest of the show, the Devil reveal was obvious but logical. I hoped that Swerve was the guy because that would be great but I guess they didn't want to call an audible here. Cole as the Devil is logical in the sense that every guys he attacked were also his former ennemies in AEW. Jay White was the guy that injured him. Hangman beat him twice for the AEW World title. It wasn't just Cole playing with MJF's mind here. It's a shame still because I thought Cole was great as a babyface and his tag team with MJF worked so well. But at least it's a logical booking.
Happy for Joe. I'm a little bit surprised because he has been AEW champion before Danielson. Why not put the title on Danielson seriously? And if MJF was going to lose, then just put the title on Swerve who is their new big star. I know that Swerve will be champion really soon but I think it's a missed opportunity here. I think the main event of All In should be Swerve vs. Ospreay for the title

Hayter will be back in short order. Tony mentioned it when asked on the media call before the PPV.

He also said he would be aggressive in women's free agency and there are 4 names that are the talk of women's FA. Mercedes Mone, Giula from Stardom, Kamille from NWA and Deonna Purazzo from Impact. I would expect at least one ends up signing with AEW.
Originally posted by pdc20:
Happy for Joe. I'm a little bit surprised because he has been AEW champion before Danielson. Why not put the title on Danielson seriously? And if MJF was going to lose, then just put the title on Swerve who is their new big star. I know that Swerve will be champion really soon but I think it's a missed opportunity here. I think the main event of All In should be Swerve vs. Ospreay for the title.

I am really curious with the royal rumble coming up how this contract signing will shake out with MJF.

I would love to see him at WWE but the lineup is so stacked - I am not sure how that would work out. SO much talent in WWe, really talented guys aren't being fully utilized.
[ Edited by Garce on Jan 1, 2024 at 2:09 PM ]
Andrade El MIDilo has been released from AEW as his contract has expired.

I just want to see MJF as heel. He needs rest though . He's super banged up. As for Danielson not being champ, it's probably because he is in charge of Collision now. Punk was at the helm , and was rumored to be in charge of ROH in the future, but he screwed it all up.

BTW I bought WWE 2K24 on steam sale. It's not bad. GM mode is fun .
Poor Cody. Gonna have to wait, dawg. Rock, CM Punkass, Reigns, LA Knight, Orton, Yeetmiester ,Rollins ...

Too many hot hands right now for Reigns.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Poor Cody. Gonna have to wait, dawg. Rock, CM Punkass, Reigns, LA Knight, Orton, Yeetmiester ,Rollins ...

Too many hot hands right now for Reigns.

I don't see how the Rock returning does anything to mess with Cody.
I thought day 1 was pretty dope all around show. Poor Shayna Baszler and Zoe Stark they got shafted with a 5 min match.

The return of the Rock was pretty good - some good things like when he started talking to the Iron Shiek but overall was pretty cringey. Now he's talking about sitting at the head of the table... good god. I dont know, I don't really care to see him as a main feature on this roster - what else can this guy possibly accomplish in WWE?

Seth v McIntyre, another banger. But just like Seth said, you gotta start taking accountability if you want to be champion and Drew screwed himself over for real that time. I thought for sure he was going to win it. Then Seth's toe hit the rope - "Are you f**king kidding me!?" lol... good match. Also, is Damian Priest the worst MITB winner of all time? How many failed cash ins can this guy do?
[ Edited by Garce on Jan 2, 2024 at 10:04 AM ]
That head of the table comment was awesome
Originally posted by Garce:
I thought day 1 was pretty dope all around show. Poor Shayna Baszler and Zoe Stark they got shafted with a 5 min match.

The return of the Rock was pretty good - some good things like when he started talking to the Iron Shiek but overall was pretty cringey. Now he's talking about sitting at the head of the table... good god. I dont know, I don't really care to see him as a main feature on this roster - what else can this guy possibly accomplish in WWE?

Seth v McIntyre, another banger. But just like Seth said, you gotta start taking accountability if you want to be champion and Drew screwed himself over for real that time. I thought for sure he was going to win it. Then Seth's toe hit the rope - "Are you f**king kidding me!?" lol... good match. Also, is Damian Priest the worst MITB winner of all time? How many failed cash ins can this guy do?
Also, is Damian Priest the worst MITB winner of all time? How many failed cash ins can this guy do?

I see the Rock beating Roman at Wrestle Mania and then Priest will cash in the MITB and take the title from the Rock.
Originally posted by saj4423:
Originally posted by Garce:

Also, is Damian Priest the worst MITB winner of all time? How many failed cash ins can this guy do?

I see the Rock beating Roman at Wrestle Mania and then Priest will cash in the MITB and take the title from the Rock.

the Judgement Day gimmick is an odd one. The gay goth gangsters?
The Rocks' pop was definitely the loudest one I've heard in years in WWE. That was huge.

Like I said tho, Cody getting roasted on X for being put on the backburner. LE SIGH

This is Cinema.

The champ is here
Originally posted by saj4423:

That would be interesting. I wouldn't hate it. He's tried to cash in several times on Seth - i can definitely see a cash in at wrestlemania but on Seth.

Did a post match angle with David Finlay and then a backstage angle with him as well. Clearly setting Nic/Dolph up to challenge Finlay for his newly won IWGP Global Championship in the near future.

FWIW David Finlay is the son of Fit Finlay.
Share 49ersWebzone