There are 271 users in the forums

Wrestling Thread (WWE, AEW, etc)

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Apparently Darby was trying to retire tonight too.

That was crazy
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
Great show.
Obviously, Sting is the man. Always was. f**k you Hogan for Starrcade 1997.
The match of the night is of course Ospreay/Takes**ta.
Ospreay is magnificent, the best wrestler in the world.
Takes**ta is fantastic. The two could be eachother biggest rival like Hangman and Swerve.
I wanted Swerve to win but Joe is great so that's ok. Hangman descending into madness more and more is really fascinating. He's laser focus on Swerve.
I feel personally attacked!

Stop doing meth
Cody is just so meh to me. He comes out and gives press conference level speeches.

He doesn't give charismatic hype-up stuff. I get bored. He's not a mic star IMO.

He ain't LA Knight, Seth, Jey. Gunther is much better too.
But he can fake cry.
Originally posted by JustinMT:

Stop doing meth

That's the rock that i missed.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Cody is just so meh to me. He comes out and gives press conference level speeches.

He doesn't give charismatic hype-up stuff. I get bored. He's not a mic star IMO.

Idk wtf his deal is. He has the hottest heel turn in the business for years, he's played up to it too. He wants to be Cena too badly.
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
Cody clearly wanted to be the John Cena of AEW. His gimmick is being the old school white meat babyface you could see in the territories back in the eighties.
It worked for the most part in AEW until the feud with Anthony Ogogo where Cody clearly jumped the shark with a weird promo that became a meme about him having ended racism. And after that, the crowd slowly turned on him and his character. The guy became the most hated guy on the roster seemingly and people thought that Cody was going for a meta Homelander gimmick and would turn heel and he was just a total babyface trying every thing to be loved by the crowd again.
But the irony is that, this gimmick works perfectly in WWE with a more casual crowd. He's exactly what the crowd wants. It's not my cup of tea and Cody can be annoying with his crying promos but he's really good both on the mic and in the ring. I'm not surprised he became such a star in WWE. He's the perfect fit for what they want in a babyface.

I will give credit to Cody by going to WWE. Yeah, he knew that by being an ex EVP of AEW and the first guy to make the jump to WWE, he would get a big push. And being a total WWE guy before being released in 2016 sure has helped him. But the guy took a risk. He could have stayed in AEW, Tony Khan would have given him a big fat contract to stay. But Cody didn't want to turn heel, believed in his character and his ability to be a major babyface in a top wrestling promotion and look at him now.
And I would also say that deep down I think Cody knew that with the AEW crowd, he would have never been the guy or even a top 4, top 5 guy with that roster. And when you look at Revolution, with guys like Hangman, Swerve or Ospreay just to name a few, he's not wrong I think. Cody bet on him succeeding in WWE but he also had a good vision to where he had the most chance to succeed with his babyface character. Again it's not my cup of tea. I don't think he's in my 10 favorite wrestlers and I don't think he will ever be but the guy is good and really smart.

Such a stupid line. Lol

Such a stupid line. Lol

Seth and Cody are just annoying to me. I can't stand seths gimmick. And Cody being Cody . Just doesn't do it for me.

Such a stupid line. Lol

I thought it was fitting because the rock says stupid school yard s**t like that but Drew McIntyre is just on another level right now, dude is killing everybody.
[ Edited by Garce on Mar 5, 2024 at 11:11 AM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Cody is good on the mic man, not sure what youre saying. He's not as funny as LA Knight or as Charismatic. But what makes people like Cody is you can really tell he has a genuine passion/love/desire for wrestling and to be a champion. He's got that fire. Its great but in a different way. And he's got the best story, a family redemption ark that goes trying to make good on his dad's legacy....a true underdog that got kicked to the curb multiple times, trying to reach the top. He's got everything going for him.
Originally posted by pdc20:
Great show.
Obviously, Sting is the man. Always was. f**k you Hogan for Starrcade 1997.
The match of the night is of course Ospreay/Takes**ta.
Ospreay is magnificent, the best wrestler in the world.
Takes**ta is fantastic. The two could be eachother biggest rival like Hangman and Swerve.
I wanted Swerve to win but Joe is great so that's ok. Hangman descending into madness more and more is really fascinating. He's laser focus on Swerve.

I dont watch shows for AEW but will watch the PPVs if there is stuff going on that I like, I try to keep up with the main stories on social media.

But that was one of the best PPVs ive seen in the past year. For sure. Will Ospreay and Takes**ta was a phenomenal match. You gotta give credit to AEW for treating a legend sting right and sending him out in a legendary fasion. That match was insane. Darby Allin is a f**king maniac.
Share 49ersWebzone