There are 263 users in the forums

Wrestling Thread (WWE, AEW, etc)

Originally posted by Garce:
But what makes people like Cody is you can really tell he has a genuine passion/love/desire for wrestling and to be a champion.

This is the disconnect with me. IMO he doesn't come across as genuine.

Either way, between his story and Vince being gone, I'm more interested in wrestling than I've been in like a decade, so there's that.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Cody is just so meh to me. He comes out and gives press conference level speeches.

He doesn't give charismatic hype-up stuff. I get bored. He's not a mic star IMO.

He ain't LA Knight, Seth, Jey. Gunther is much better too.

Cody is good on the mic man, not sure what youre saying. He's not as funny as LA Knight or as Charismatic. But what makes people like Cody is you can really tell he has a genuine passion/love/desire for wrestling and to be a champion. He's got that fire. Its great but in a different way. And he's got the best story, a family redemption ark that goes trying to make good on his dad's legacy....a true underdog that got kicked to the curb multiple times, trying to reach the top. He's got everything going for him.

Storyline is fine, he's just cringe
[ Edited by GoreGoreGore on Mar 5, 2024 at 1:54 PM ]
Originally posted by JustinMT:

Such a stupid line. Lol

Weak lol

Originally posted by JustinMT:

Drew is on another level since his heel turn lol and keeps getting better, including on social media. Freaking love him. All the boo birds that hate on him when he comes out can stfu!
Pretty obvious that Punk is going to cost him his match at WM.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Pretty obvious that Punk is going to cost him his match at WM.

I sure hope not. Drew is nailing it and deserves his moment. Seth is so obnoxious.

[ Edited by JustinMT on Mar 7, 2024 at 11:18 AM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Cody is just so meh to me. He comes out and gives press conference level speeches.

He doesn't give charismatic hype-up stuff. I get bored. He's not a mic star IMO.

He ain't LA Knight, Seth, Jey. Gunther is much better too.

Cody is good on the mic man, not sure what youre saying. He's not as funny as LA Knight or as Charismatic. But what makes people like Cody is you can really tell he has a genuine passion/love/desire for wrestling and to be a champion. He's got that fire. Its great but in a different way. And he's got the best story, a family redemption ark that goes trying to make good on his dad's legacy....a true underdog that got kicked to the curb multiple times, trying to reach the top. He's got everything going for him.

I'm not saying he's bad or even not good, I'm just saying he's not a charismatic mic superstar like some of the others out there IMO.
Everything about Will Ospreay just makes him feel like a really big deal. Incredible talent.

• pdc20
  • Veteran
Will Ospreay is indeed phenomenal. It's like you made a fusion between TNA AJ Styles and NJPW AJ Styles.
Kyle Fletcher is really good too and Aussie Open are a great tag team.
AEW can't miss with Ospreay. He's so good that even with bad booking, he would still be on top.
His match against Takes**ta was MOTY contender. I mean Takes**ta is a monster too, I'm a giant fan of him.
They have a great roster we know that and finishing Dynamite with the teasing of Ospreay vs. Danielson is perfect.

Okada in the Elite is a really good idea. But him being the new leader of the Elite and replacing maybe his biggest rival, Kenny Omega is fantastic!
Okada/Omega 5 will happen at some point most certainly.
Originally posted by pdc20:
Will Ospreay is indeed phenomenal. It's like you made a fusion between TNA AJ Styles and NJPW AJ Styles.
Kyle Fletcher is really good too and Aussie Open are a great tag team.
AEW can't miss with Ospreay. He's so good that even with bad booking, he would still be on top.
His match against Takes**ta was MOTY contender. I mean Takes**ta is a monster too, I'm a giant fan of him.
They have a great roster we know that and finishing Dynamite with the teasing of Ospreay vs. Danielson is perfect.

Okada in the Elite is a really good idea. But him being the new leader of the Elite and replacing maybe his biggest rival, Kenny Omega is fantastic!
Okada/Omega 5 will happen at some point most certainly.

Ospreay is straight fire. SO FAST on the ropes. Benoit type speed when it comes to transitions. Top Tier talent in all of wrestling.
Share 49ersWebzone