There are 290 users in the forums

2024 Draft Class: OL

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Okay I'm annoyed I had his write up all done and I forgot to send it and it's gone lol.

Roger Rosengarten OT Washington.

watched some of his stuff as Penix's blindside (yes even the Michigan game 🤢)

he's got real quick feet. Great hand usage and timing. He can re-anchor quickly, has lots of counters and is not passive (got some dog in him), which can also get him in a little trouble. He can get to the second level with ease and takes good angles. He's athletic and the combine backed that up.

the lack of true length is noticeable. He oversets a lot and his anchor isn't great. He needs to get stronger for sure.

RBLK: he's ideal fit is zone blocking/pulling. He was actually pretty sweet pulling and he fits what we like to do running the ball.

The lack of length and power will be an issue, but he's a technician. His hand usage/footwork is great which can help a lot of those negatives. I'm not saying he's Joe Staley, but Joe had similar issues.

I think he can be a starting RT and would be a value pick in the 3rd.

Look at us on the same page with a prospect
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Yeah and I've already tossed out a bunch of good OT that are 6-7 or taller (forgot to add Tony Boselli). I don't see a problem at all. s**t there's a f**k ton of amazing OT that are 6-6 (Staley, Joe Thomas Anthony Munoz come to mind) we're talking about an inch lol.

I don't want you to be 6-8 300lbs (soaking wet) like MM was. Mims is built to protect someone's blindside.

The risk is too much for us, we need plug and play. He's better off going to a bad team where he can learn and grow, like New York.

Again, the question I have is why? What makes him riskier than another prospect? What makes him not a plug and play option?

Trey Lance Serves as a cautionary tale. And I was a fan of Trey.

Mims has so little experience, but also injury concerns, considering he got hurt in limited action and again literally just working out at the combine.

Seems like a better fit for power than OZ too.

There's three reasons right there.

1) significantly less experience and film to evaluate off of

2) injury risk

3) scheme fit questions
Yeah and I've already tossed out a bunch of good OT that are 6-7 or taller (forgot to add Tony Boselli). I don't see a problem at all. s**t there's a f**k ton of amazing OT that are 6-6 (Staley, Joe Thomas Anthony Munoz come to mind) we're talking about an inch lol.

I don't want you to be 6-8 300lbs (soaking wet) like MM was. Mims is built to protect someone's blindside.

The risk is too much for us, we need plug and play. He's better off going to a bad team where he can learn and grow, like New York.

I thought he played RT in his 8 games

Again, the question I have is why? What makes him riskier than another prospect? What makes him not a plug and play option?

Mims has so little experience, but also injury concerns, considering he got hurt in limited action and again literally just working out at the combine.

2) injury risk

3) scheme fit questions

Point 1 and 2 of yours are fair.. but there's no scheme fit questions to me. Being bigger doesn't automatically mean you're only a power scheme player. Mims has all the tools to be dominant in Zone.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Point 1 and 2 of yours are fair.. but there's no scheme fit questions to me. Being bigger doesn't automatically mean you're only a power scheme player. Mims has all the tools to be dominant in Zone.

From what little I saw from him. He's scheme proof. Now I will say his feet do look a little heavy and some of the angles he takes out in space aren't amazing. When he gets on you, you're toast though. Dude is trucking guys.

he can totally play in a zone blocking offense. There's others that are better there imo…but not as good with power.

If we can move up in the mid 20s for him I wouldn't hate it. 3rd this yr and 3rd next? I'm warming up to Guyton if there at 31 as well

From what little I saw from him. He's scheme proof. Now I will say his feet do look a little heavy and some of the angles he takes out in space aren't amazing. When he gets on you, you're toast though. Dude is trucking guys.

he can totally play in a zone blocking offense. There's others that are better there imo…but not as good with power.

If we can move up in the mid 20s for him I wouldn't hate it. 3rd this yr and 3rd next? I'm warming up to Guyton if there at 31 as well
I just fail to see the correlation between Lance and Mims, and how one situation has any bearing on the other. Of the film that we DO have, where are the concerns?

With regards to injury, I think caution should always be observed with prospects that are outlier freaky in size and athleticism (just like in basketball) but Mims has had one injury, so I don't think we should draw any conclusions there
Originally posted by krizay:
Okay I'm annoyed I had his write up all done and I forgot to send it and it's gone lol.

Roger Rosengarten OT Washington.

watched some of his stuff as Penix's blindside (yes even the Michigan game 🤢)

he's got real quick feet. Great hand usage and timing. He can re-anchor quickly, has lots of counters and is not passive (got some dog in him), which can also get him in a little trouble. He can get to the second level with ease and takes good angles. He's athletic and the combine backed that up.

the lack of true length is noticeable. He oversets a lot and his anchor isn't great. He needs to get stronger for sure.

RBLK: he's ideal fit is zone blocking/pulling. He was actually pretty sweet pulling and he fits what we like to do running the ball.

The lack of length and power will be an issue, but he's a technician. His hand usage/footwork is great which can help a lot of those negatives. I'm not saying he's Joe Staley, but Joe had similar issues.

I think he can be a starting RT and would be a value pick in the 3rd.

Look at us on the same page with a prospect

https://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/197223-roger-rosengarten-ot-washington

In both your faces!
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
I'm not confident in my ability to assess any position lol

I'm confident in your ability to assess NCommand
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
I'm not confident in my ability to assess any position lol

I'm confident in your ability to assess NCommand

Lol that's easy

2) injury risk

3) scheme fit questions

1 and 2 are enough for me to say pass. We have been there done that too many times with inexperience and injury flags. Also if were going to be brutally honest, this regime is exactly known for developing any olineman either so point 1 is even more magnified.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

2) injury risk

3) scheme fit questions

1 and 2 are enough for me to say pass. We have been there done that too many times with inexperience and injury flags. Also if were going to be brutally honest, this regime is exactly known for developing any olineman either so point 1 is even more magnified.

Here's the difference though... people are suggesting we draft someone like Guyton from Oklahoma or Kingsley from BYU, both of which have worse technique on film than Mims.

So essentially what I'm saying is... experience means nothing if you have bad fundamentals.

Both of those guys I mentioned look more raw on film than Mims IMO.

I think when you're picking in the top 5-10, experience matters more, but our first pick is essentially a 2nd rounder... where there's no perfect prospects available and you have to take chances.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

2) injury risk

3) scheme fit questions

Here's the difference though... people are suggesting we draft someone like Guyton from Oklahoma or Kingsley from BYU, both of which have worse technique on film than Mims.

So essentially what I'm saying is... experience means nothing if you have bad fundamentals.

Both of those guys I mentioned look more raw on film than Mims IMO.

I think when you're picking in the top 5-10, experience matters more, but our first pick is essentially a 2nd rounder... where there's no perfect prospects available and you have to take chances.

The point is they have more experience to draw on and go over with coaches to work to improve. With Mims, he has to show his weaknesses for whole season or two before having a chance to really round into who he can be, if it ever happens. This is all in theory of course.

I get this feeling the team is looking for as close to a plug and play guy at RT and RG as possible, and might even try to trade up.

I think JC Latham is a real darkhorse and maybe Mims and Kingsley are just due diligence.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
https://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/197223-roger-rosengarten-ot-washington

In both your faces!

Share 49ersWebzone