There are 121 users in the forums

Mac Jones-QB-Jaguars

Shop 49ers game tickets

Mac Jones-QB-Jaguars

Originally posted by a49erfan77:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Cowherd just said Mac Jones was bad in pratice…who cares though. Not in SF thank god

They must have had the first read covered.

Trey Lance thread in the draft room should be unlocked.
Originally posted by 4ML:

Why? There is a Trey Lance thread in NinerTalk which supersedes it.
Originally posted by English:

I think that thread had a lot of really cool scouting stuff in it which is fun to revisit from time to time. Posted a lot of gifs and videos in there and it's going to be lost with time. I think NT thread will always be near the top regardless. Draft Room thread should stay alive so we can revisit and see how he has improved and where he has not.
  • thl408
Originally posted by English:

I think that thread had a lot of really cool scouting stuff in it which is fun to revisit from time to time. Posted a lot of gifs and videos in there and it's going to be lost with time. I think NT thread will always be near the top regardless. Draft Room thread should stay alive so we can revisit and see how he has improved and where he has not.

The thread still exists and can be read. Just can't post in it.

https://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/194330-trey-lance-qb-ndsu/

I agree with this. The two can be discussed separately. One based on the time posters put in pre draft. The other with him as a 9er and future moving forward.
Originally posted by a49erfan77:
Cowherd just said Mac Jones was bad in pratice…who cares though. Not in SF thank god

They must have had the first read covered.

Worse. Reports say he was missing guys running routes with no defense on the field. So glad Shannahan isn't as stupid as the media who pushed that garbage.
Originally posted by boomer49er:
Worse. Reports say he was missing guys running routes with no defense on the field. So glad Shannahan isn't as stupid as the media who pushed that garbage.

So a rookie QB who is in the process of learning the playbook and scheme, made mistakes on the practice field? Oh the horror!

Much like i don't put any stock into the dumbass "HE'S HAVING AN INCREDIBLE CAMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" from a couple weeks ago, nor do i put too much emphasis on some missed throws. I think mac will be a fine average QB who can get you to a wild card loss every year so long as you have a pretty good defense/surround him with a good offense.
He'll make a fine career backup like Chase Daniel or Matt Moore.

Originally posted by evil:

So a rookie QB who is in the process of learning the playbook and scheme, made mistakes on the practice field? Oh the horror!

It's ok if a rookie QB isn't able to effectively play catch without missing guys.

It's just more evidence of what I said all during the last 12 weeks of the draft run-up. Mac Jones isn't accurate.
Originally posted by frenchmov:

Much like i don't put any stock into the dumbass "HE'S HAVING AN INCREDIBLE CAMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" from a couple weeks ago, nor do i put too much emphasis on some missed throws. I think mac will be a fine average QB who can get you to a wild card loss every year so long as you have a pretty good defense/surround him with a good offense.

I too believe he can achieve mediocrity.
I too believe he can achieve mediocrity.

Pretty much his ceiling. I don't think he will be Nathan Peterman but you'll never consistently say "wow they won bc of Mac!"
It's ok if a rookie QB isn't able to effectively play catch without missing guys.

It's just more evidence of what I said all during the last 12 weeks of the draft run-up. Mac Jones isn't accurate.

Originally posted by evil:

Care to show us these reports?
Share 49ersWebzone