Shop 49ers game tickets

Mac Jones-QB-Jaguars

Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by boomer49er:
Worse. Reports say he was missing guys running routes with no defense on the field. So glad Shannahan isn't as stupid as the media who pushed that garbage.

So a rookie QB who is in the process of learning the playbook and scheme, made mistakes on the practice field? Oh the horror!

It's ok if a rookie QB isn't able to effectively play catch without missing guys.

It's just more evidence of what I said all during the last 12 weeks of the draft run-up. Mac Jones isn't accurate.

Care to show us these reports?

https://www.espn.com/blog/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4823151/jarrett-stidham-sends-reminder-he-is-still-a-factor-in-patriots-qb-picture

An example came on one throw to wide receiver Kendrick Bourne in a simple drill with no defense, with Jones delivering the pass behind him and then seeking Bourne out to let him know it was the quarterback's error.

I'm sure Bourne knew it wasn't his fault.

You claimed he was missing guys running routes... as in more than one. Yet he didn't miss, the pass was simply a little behind the receiver. Here is the exact clip :

Here is Baker in 2019 throwing just slightly behind OBJ

Kinda normal thing that happens at times in practice. Practice is where these guys learn, grow, develop, improve and work on some things like timing and chemistry. If the bar is to be perfect 100% of the time, even in practice, then the bar will never be met.

HE DIDN'T MISS!!!! HE JUST DIDN'T HIT IT.

He's not accurate. You can see it in his tape, in his pro day, and here now.

Completion % <> Accuracy
I truly don't care about Mac at this pt…but I thought this was funny

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
how can someone throw behind Bourne

He should be use to It by now.
[ Edited by Sickaa on Jun 10, 2021 at 10:50 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Wow. That's clever.
HE DIDN'T MISS!!!! HE JUST DIDN'T HIT IT.

He's not accurate. You can see it in his tape, in his pro day, and here now.

Completion % <> Accuracy

Exactly
Originally posted by AsianJeff:
It's ok if a rookie QB isn't able to effectively play catch without missing guys.

It's just more evidence of what I said all during the last 12 weeks of the draft run-up. Mac Jones isn't accurate.

[ Edited by natrone06 on Jun 10, 2021 at 8:54 PM ]
Originally posted by natrone06:
Originally posted by AsianJeff:

Wait. Why is he #50?
Originally posted by a49erfan77:

Wow. That's clever.

Kraft Mac and Cheese. Cam better be careful. He's about to lose his job to Mac and Cheese.
Originally posted by Howlett49:
Originally posted by a49erfan77:

Wow. That's clever.

Kraft Mac and Cheese. Cam better be careful. He's about to lose his job to Mac and Cheese.

No he's not. In the above article, Mac admits he doesn't know the offense very well yet, as opposed to Trey having Shanahan's crazy offense down already. I wonder why everybody thought the doughy, smirky, tennis Chad was gonna learn the offense better than the athletic super freak who was widely lauded for his study habits and intelligence?

Originally posted by Howlett49:

Wait. Why is he #50?

BB makes rookies earn the right to a normal number for their position

They have done it for years
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
No he's not. In the above article, Mac admits he doesn't know the offense very well yet, as opposed to Trey having Shanahan's crazy offense down already. I wonder why everybody thought the doughy, smirky, tennis Chad was gonna learn the offense better than the athletic super freak who was widely lauded for his study habits and intelligence?

I get this is a 49ers fan forum where everyone is annoyingly homerish, but there's zero chance that Trey Lance has "Shanahan's crazy offense down already"
  • 91til
  • Veteran
Do y'all feel better after looking for his missed throws and that same mug shot photo to post ? Lol
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by 4ML:
I think that thread had a lot of really cool scouting stuff in it which is fun to revisit from time to time. Posted a lot of gifs and videos in there and it's going to be lost with time. I think NT thread will always be near the top regardless. Draft Room thread should stay alive so we can revisit and see how he has improved and where he has not.

I agree with this. The two can be discussed separately. One based on the time posters put in pre draft. The other with him as a 9er and future moving forward.

Thank you. I would ask the mods again - to please please unlock that thread.
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by English:
Trey Lance thread in the draft room should be unlocked.

Why? There is a Trey Lance thread in NinerTalk which supersedes it.

I think that thread had a lot of really cool scouting stuff in it which is fun to revisit from time to time. Posted a lot of gifs and videos in there and it's going to be lost with time. I think NT thread will always be near the top regardless. Draft Room thread should stay alive so we can revisit and see how he has improved and where he has not.

The thread still exists and can be read. Just can't post in it.

https://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/194330-trey-lance-qb-ndsu/

I know but it'll be on pg2 soon. Also - in draft room thread - you can specifically talk about him as a prospect with ppl who are more interested in that. In NT talk - there is a lot of other stuff going on and posts get lost or go unresponded. I'd really really like if that thread is re-opened so a more specific topic of Lance can be discussed amongst ppl who are into that sort of thing.
Share 49ersWebzone